“Poor Service”

Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and I went to the Adirondacks for our Anniversary, the Jacuzzi did not work and the Inn knew this, as it was on their list to fix, we was never informed of that. The fitted bed sheet, kept rolling off the bed , we had to wake during the night and refit the sheet - even with the "Do Not Disturb" sign out on the door - room service was knocking and waking us up - just a very unpleasant stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
ABVI A, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we did in fact explain to you how to operator the zacuzzi since we had all of the Jacuzzi tubs maintenance the day before you checked in and also gave you a free night of stay. Upon visiting the front desk, you seemed to be very satisfied with the service and the room. We greatly appreciate your business.

Best Regards.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I started staying here over two years ago, I come up to P-burgh to work during the week from the Glens Falls area. I generally spend four or five days a week here.

Granted, the rooms are a little dated, but they have made improvements during the time I have been coming here. I will forego the latest television and Egyptian linens for a reasonable price. Like I said I am here to work and make money not spend it on amenities I don't even have at home. Ironically, I sleep better here than I do at home, lol

It is centrally located to the government offices and stores that I need and very close to some of the best restaurants in the area. It is a short drive "downtown" to lakeside, shops, the beach; In the other direction you have the most beautiful mountains this side of the Rockies....the Adirondacks !

The rooms are "roomy" and if you need to make any changes, the staff has always been helpful.

If I've ever had an issue, be it a mini fridge WITH a freezer or reset the router/modem for the Wi-Fi, the entire staff and owners have always been very accommodating.

The staff has changed now and then but the constants have been Paul, Sheila (owners) and Tommy (GM) who have ALWAYS treated me like a member of the family and make me feel like this is my home away from home !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ABVI A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback, it's nice to hear that our goal is to make people feel at home away from home is being achieved . We look forward in seeing you soon once again.

Take Care,

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I think my title says it all.

We didn't end up with anything horrible happening to us here. But, this place lacks basic hotel cleanliness. Sheets and blankets all had cigarette burns in them, carpet has stains & burns all over the place and huge dust piles were in every corner (and bathroom corners were filled with mold didn't dare get in that tub). The beds were hard and lumpy and creaked with every movement you made.The closet had a few by 4X4's with wood planks on them for shelves.

Oh and avoid the main lobby/ breakfast area... it smells HORRIBLE! Like moth balls and body order. The front desk people were NOT helpful with anything and seemed annoyed to be answering questions.

Okay so what was good here....the 1980's TV worked, there was a mini fridge, it was close the malls (but then again all the hotels are close to the malls) and the cost was very low.

So in summary.... unless you are desperate to get out of the cold and can't afford anything anything else. Fine you will live. But, I think if it came down to camping in a pup tent or staying here again, I would be camping.

Room Tip: Good luck with that....
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ABVI A, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear guest,

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, but we didn't have any complaints during your stay , not sure what you wanted for the little price you paid or what you expected. Again, we had lots of great customers and repeated guest which had no complaints as you had given any to the front desk or you had not reported anything negative during your stay. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we inspected all your complaints and found nothing.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had king bed w/jacuzzi tub. The room was very spacious, however our heater was not working very well...was a bit too cold. We had it on 90 and it still was only about 60 to 65 degrees in our room. They had no other rooms available that met what we wanted so we stayed. The tub was a two person tub, it was fabulous! I loved it, nice hot water w/jets. The woman at the desk really worked hard to try and accommodate us. She was walking all around outside trying to fix things in below zero weather. I could not hear my neighbors next door. All in all it was very nice place, I honestly would go back.

Room Tip: any jacuzzi room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank joepam
ABVI A, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review for our hotel. We do apologize for the heating as you know , our staff tried their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The temperature was very cold that night. We are so happy your stay was still enjoyable. Once again, thank you for all your kind words.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have stayed at this motel several times and have always been well taken care of. It's affordable and clean and it is close to shopping and the ferry to Vermont and to the highway to Canada. The bed was comfortable and the room nice and tidy. They also had a good continental breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ABVI A, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Our staff and I would like to take this time and thank you for all your kind words and honesty. We always accommodate our guest as much as possible and will go out of our way to help any of our guest. . Thanks again for taking time out to give our establishment a quick review. Have a safe trip back home and a very Happy New Year to you and your family.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

It's nothing fancy, but the room is clean and comfortable, and the WiFi works. They also have a free light breakfast and the rooms we've had had a fridge, microwave and recent bathroom re-do. I didn't come to be wowed by appointments or be awed by the room service. I just wanted a clean, comfy room with no frills on a cold Christmas night. This did the job.

Room Tip: One of the rooms has a hot tub - it's a bit more, but you can ask for it and it's great if y...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ABVI A, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear guest,

Thanks for all your kind words, our housekeepers do keep all our rooms very tidy and smelling good. Our front desk staff are keeping the prices very affordable as you have experience. Once again, thanks for all your business.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Very affordable 58$ txs in , 1/2 comfortable 1/2 clean.
i f you go for shopping and dont want spend too much on lodging its perfect but dont expect a 5 stars,
i was horrified when i flipped the linens and found blood spots on my pillow that was buark. its imperative to do a inspection after the cleaning person. they were horrified at the desk too, but just offer to change the pillow cover and told us they will talk to the cleaning person...to say what its unacceptable hey!??. and there was some food stick on the carpet like ice cream and finaly the heater was out of control extremely hot or not working. will i go back? not sur i might pay a 20$ more and get a cleaness and comfortable room. I took a chance cause i wanted to spend my $$ on gift.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ABVI A, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your review on trip advisor, We do try our best to keep prices down to make the rooms as affordable as possible. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I will bring these concerns to the housekeeper's supervisor and make the above changes. Thank you so much for choosing our Hotel during your stay in Plattsburgh, New York.