“One of the best KOA's”

New York City North / Newburgh KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plattekill
New York City North / Newburgh KOA
California
“One of the best KOA's”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We are full timers and have stayed at over two dozen KOA's. The staff here is very good. They have lots to do for the kids. Sites were well maintained and good sized. They offer a great tour to NYC for about $100 but worth it as to take the train, pay for the admissions, have to change subway stops is a real hassel. There is a snack bar with free pancakes in the morning. I saw the review that talked about the drive off the Interstate being a problem. We have a forty foot motorhome and we tow a car and yes it is a two lane road but we had no problem. And they do have a resort fee which is included on their web site but you have to search to find it. But, I have stayed at a lot of places and this five dollars extra was no problem for what you get.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KegMaster

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Newburgh
Reviewed July 5, 2014

First off, their prices are ridiculous. They charge you a site fee, along with pet fees, resort fees, adult fees, and child fees. It is absurd how much you pay for just one night. Then on top of that, they promise you free wifi, but in fact you do not get wifi at all. Also, if you are at one of the sites that provide cable, you will find out that their cable is terrible. You do NOT get all the channels they tell you you will get. And the five channels that you get are fuzzy and don't come in clear. You are better of using satellite. As if things couldn't get any worse, their water also shut off and stopped working. The whole campground was without water for 1 whole day! That meant no showers, no cleaning dishes, and no boiling water. Overall, my experience at this campground was terrible! It is safe to say I will never come back here again. KOA really needs to get their act together.

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank ArtyChicken
Kingston, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Needed a place to stay for the night while traveling in our Motorhome. Called ahead and asked if had a pull through site with 50 amp, we were told no problem and they gave us a price which was very expensive for a campground. We arrived and the price had gone up, they explained there was a resort fee! After tight turns and low branches we got to our site that had 30amp instead of 50. Wifi worked about as fast as snail mail when it didn't cut out.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bill B
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I, friend and relatives have all camped at this campground. We have camped in the summer and autumn months for many years. The campground hosts have always been extremely helpful and courteous. The facility has nice wooded campsites with room to maneuver my 37-ft fifth wheel. There are always many attractions and activities each weekend for the entire family. My wife and I especially enjoy the October Halloween activities and the area apple picking. Families have many activities within and outside the campground to enjoy no matter what the season.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Titusville
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,306 helpful votes
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I will rate this average for those wishing to stay over night and need to get off the road. It is 10 miles from I-84 and they charge you $60 a night including a $5 resort fee. This wipe out your KOA discount. The wifi was out the entire evening and they were not fully open (which makes the resort fee a little disturbing). i would not go back.
Now, Review Two for those who can afford $60 a night it looks like when everything is operating a family would enjoy the place, Nice sites, two pools, large pond, great store and so on. So, you see I have mixed emotions with this review and since I would not be attracted to this area for more than an overnight, I would not recommend it to others for a quick stopover.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
san antonio, texas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The only rv parking available is at the top of a fairly steep hill. This gets you away from the hundred or so truck,workers,campers who stay there and work in the area. Not a really nice quaint place to stay because of this. If you want to take a walk, must walk up and down steep hill to your site. Ok place if you have to ben the area, but would opt for another place.

Room Tip: I would opt for one of the two or three other campgrounds in the area.