“I will be back !!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Albrightsville,Pa.
“I will be back !!”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed @ this hotel for 3 days for my 45th HS reunion,which was held there.
We had an older room (remodeling is being done on this hotel) which was very very clean and most accomodating to our needs..
The service given to us by the hotel employees was excellent...very pleasant...even @ 2am !!!!
The restaurant and lounge had a very relaxed atomsphere and excellent food.
I will definitely stay @ this hotel again when in the area...

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank pwcpsco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed September 28, 2010

This hotel was about our only choice....for a reason. Could not get a room at a Hilton property, which is where we usually stay. Newly revovated room. Furnishings were up to date and adequate. The room was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. The bathroom ceiling was so low, my 6'3" son had to duck his head in the shower. No room to walk on either sides of the beds. Parking was horrible. Beds were hard as rocks. The restaurant/bar is apparently the place to be on a Saturday night in Plainview, if you are single , over the age of 60 and enjoy disco/dance music. Had to turn the TV on in our room to drown out the sounds of KC and the Sunshine Band. We were awakened twice during the night by yelling in the hallways outside our tiny room. The stay culminated with a 5: 40am fire alarm( false alarm ) which took until 6:30am to turn off. Emailed Holiday Inn with our concerns 4 days ago....no response. Holidays Inns have fallen to the bottom of our list of choices for hotels in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RSBaseballMom

Travelers are raving about these Plainview hotels

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We were robbed. Someone smashed our car window looking for something to steal. Pick a different neighborhood to stay in. We stayed one night to attend a wedding. Next day was to be the start of our vacation. All the manager did was to offer to send someone out to vacuum the glass out of the car. We called the cops.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sybilu
Vails Gate, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2010

The hotel was down right disgusting! they say all this stuff about renovations and the place is changing for the good...well where is it!? the rooms are still the same old nasty things..they say they have new ones..well how about me and my company get to "enjoy" the new rooms we are priority customers I (and most of my company) have been here for about 3 months on and off mostly on. Threw these months we have all seen them change their staff NUMEROUS times. They tell me every time I ask where so and so went that they are going in a different direction. I really had established a good friendship with some of those people see that I live in Baltimore but stay here more then there. Then yesterday they fired my favorite person there, the bartender Jannelle. She was great and always took care of me and all of my colleagues. Now that all of this happened I have had enough and I'm taking my company somewhere else. We are all tired of their so called changes, we feel like nothing will ever meet their eye. So to the management at the Holiday Inn in Plainview, NY you all are terrible and have just lost a very good client!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank vinsonrm
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Asked for a quiet, non-smoking room.
Walked into my room and smelled cigarettes.
It was extremely noise when I went to sleep. There was a live band at the bar and people shouting in the hallway, so I called the front lobby and complained. All they said was "You're not supposed to be able to hear it". They didn't even offer to move me.
This went on until 1:30. Two hours after I called.
If you want a good night's sleep like I originally wanted, do not stay here!
Poor service, poor room quality.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ValGregory
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2010

The hotel was nice. It was much warmer than outside! The room was good with two double beds. The bathroom was a little small with a very low ceiling. The restaurant was okay but expensive.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Cypress
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I stayed at this Holiday Inn recently for a work project lasting a few days over the weekend here in New York. I'm a Priority Club Platinum member so always choose Holiday Inn brand hotels if I'm able to. The rate for this location was better then the Holiday Inn Express so chose to stay here for my short stay.

On arrival, looked like a typical Holiday Inn, front desk clerks were nice enough, didn't bother to acknowledge my status which not many do, but did once I brought out the Platinum card. Got the free bag which had a bottle of water and chips, nothing else, but was nice as I was thirsty. No upgrade rooms were available so was placed on the back side of the hotel. Room was average size, bathroom was tiny, but was nice and clean so was fine for a short work trip that I would barely be in the room anyways for.

Breakfast was good each morning, not much selection, but was hot and fresh, and had staff that paid great attention to you. There was a bar at night but never went to it.

As far as things go, what bothered me a lot was the windows were opened into a hallway, so you can't open for natural light without everyone being able to see into your room and you can't let in fresh air from the outside. The room was musty and smelled of a room that had been a smoking room and was just cleaned but that never removes the odor, so wasn't too enjoyable to stay in the room. Was told this is a no-smoking room and wasn't able to switch rooms as a result. No-smoking may be the policy, but smoking has sure been done quite recently in this room.

Another major complaint is the AC system was turned off for the winter, so the room was unbearably hot, as the heat is turned on and even if you turn the system off from blowing anything, the heat is coming into the room from the hallway corridor and no window to open to cool the room down any. I had to ask the front desk many times to turn the AC back on and it seems they would have it on for an hour then turn it back off, so it would get cooled off then warm back up. Since I like to sleep with it cool, waking up each night in a hot room was not enjoyable. My sleep was horrible each night as a result.

I will never stay at this hotel again and plan to write the BBB about this, as it may be winter, but with no way to naturally cool the room down with opening a window, they need to leave the AC on for guests who don't like their room kept at 80 degrees. The smoke smell even in a non-smoking room was horrible as well and was not enjoyable at all.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Long Island/Huntington

Been to Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island? Share your experiences!