All reviews front desk long island rooms were very clean outdoor pool convenient location new york hotel restaurant off the highway checking in francisco danny ihg lie closet
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

This is a good value option when staying on Long Island. There is a bar and restaurant on site and there’s free Wi-fi throughout. We were there in the winter but there is an outdoor pool for when the weather is better.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2019

I have kept returning to this hotel every week for two months since January 2019 when I need to work around the plainview area. Lydia and Rachel at the front desk were so professional, friendly and helpful which kept me a loyal customer in this hotel. The hotel room is quiet and comfortable. The atmosphere at the hotel is very good. Lydia helped to have any issue I had addressed effectively. I would choose to stay with this hotel should I need to return to the area in the future.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

Stay away from this hotel!!!
They sneakily charge your credit card after you leave and refuse to clarify the problem.
At first I called the hotel(Holiday Inn, Plainview, NY) 3 times about the charge charged to my credit card after I left the hotel. The front desk asked me if I had any problem with the coffee machine in the room saying that there's a note that "broken coffee mahchine". Then she said the manager will contact me later which never happened.

I contacted them later through Expedia my third party booking agency. For the first time when Expedia customer service agent contacted the hotel, they said I broke their coffee machine. While I was in the hotel, the coffee machine worked, not in extremly good condition though. I asked Expedia for detailed desctiption of the damage to the coffee machine and also asked whether it's the right thing to charge customer for natural wear off of their equipment that need scheduled maintenance or replacement because the coffee machine in my room seemed outdated. Then Expedia agent told me that the hotel is telling me you took the coffee machine. It's missing.
Ridiculous!
What type of travelor wants to carry an old coffee machine in their luggage.
I asked for any proof of that issue whether broken or missing, the Expedia agent kept told me that they'll not refund you anyway, sorry for the inconvenience.

Avoid this hotel, don't be another victim!!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Hi shlmia,

Thank you for staying with us.

We want you to have a frictionless experience. I'm sorry to learn about the billing issue and the condition of our in-room amenity. We aim to be a dependable brand and I would like to help you out. We ensure our hotels credibility, so I have sent you a private message to discuss this further.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Vice B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Less November my cousin got married and it was a big wedding so we rented a 100 rooms at this hotel. The staff was very accommodating And the rooms were very clean. The wedding is conveniently located near this hotel at the crest hollow Country Club where we had Plainview taxi and airport service provide the wedding shuttles that the hotel set up for us

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank LarryKhulmann
Reviewed February 3, 2019

Clean Rooms, comfy beds, great showers. Restaurant in Holel had delicious food and nicely priced. Very professional front desk. We booked 3 rooms and all were in agreement with how nice it was. We enjoyed the fireplace and waterfalls in lobby too.
Location was right off the highway we used.

Date of stay: January 2019