All reviews front desk long island rooms were very clean outdoor pool convenient location new york hotel restaurant off the highway checking in francisco danny ihg lie closet
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Location, room size, WiFi connection, parking capacity, pool area and front desk - all great! I wish I could rate this place higher, just based on the front desk staff and ideal location, but my room was not the best. Although the front desk switched my room because the first one had a faint smoky smell, the second room had a similar odor, and I found it to be tied to the HVAC. I'm really sensitive to these things so maybe it was just me, and the staff did try to make it better. The room had a few mystery stains too, although it was otherwise clean. The walls are also thin - I was there on a summer weekend so the place was packed with a wedding party and kids running around, and the late night noise was a bit much. If you're looking for a place to crash for the night, it will probably be fine for the price, especially if they continue to update the rooms moving forward.

Again, can't say enough good about the staff! Thanks again for trying to make the best of the situation for me on this stay!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank LauraLovesZippy
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Dear LauraLovesZippy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you liked our location and we certainly appreciate your nice feedback on our staff, internet connection and pool area. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations regarding the condition of the rooms you were given. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for evaluation.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 8, 2016

Average Holiday Inn. Older property that been updated. Clean and reasonably prices. Full service restaurant with good service however overpriced. The cold breakfast cost about $11 with tip. A lot for fruit and cereal. Having said that, not a bad place for the price.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank steve375
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Dear steve375,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and are delighted to hear that you found our hotel clean and restaurant service good. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Checkin was quick but I was surprised when I was told of an additional $50 a night hold on top of the rate. I was told it was to cover incidentals like meals etc. I know this had never been my experience before at any of the places I had stayed for business before. With that said, the bartenders could not have been nicer or more friendly. The beer is definitely cold, drinks are really good (try the Long Island ice tea), and the food is delicious. The room was spacious and was well maintained. There is an outdoor pool that is very inviting.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

I have to say that this has been by far my favorite Holiday Inn I have stayed in yet. Every single employee was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spotless and the pool was the cleanest I have come across so far. The area of the pool you walk On was extremely clean! We ate in the bar for happy hour and we're pleased with the service and all we ordered. I will be back here again. The location was perfectly situated with the LIE right across the street but because of the design of the hotel it was not noisy!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Toni S
Reviewed July 28, 2016

We had our reunion here and we stayed over. Check in was close to 3pm so we stayed at the bar area and met friends prior to our rooms being ready.. Rooms are first class with all the amenities. A/C was good but would have liked it cooler Bed was about as good as any I have ever slept on. Bathroom and bath were separated by a sliding wooden door. If planning an event this is a great choice.. Separate area for a cocktail hour and a couple of different banquet rooms..Located right off the 495 expressway and lots of free parking. Has a pool in middle of court. Well run front desk and very professional ( no attitudes here). Was a great place for our reunion.

Room tip: I lucked out and got room 101 which is close to front desk, bar,, pool, and party rooms
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple