“Great stay for an overnight work trip”

Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Last month I had to work on Long Island so I stayed at the holiday inn in Plainview. Was very good overall but I have to say Kelly at the front desk was extremely helpful. The window situation was strange but I truly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Dreamin4eva14
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Dreamin4eva14,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. Kelly is a very valuable member of our team and I will be sure to share your kind words with her and will see that she is properly recognized for her efforts.. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here one night while attending an event close by in Woodbury. The Hotel itself was fairly nice inside. I think they may have renovated the Hotel awhile back. The Restaurant, BISTRO 46 was pretty good. The bar spacious.

The Hotel is a bit odd that it is indoors, however, instead of a window in the back of the room looking outside, there is a window near the front door looking into the hallway, much like an in through the out door motel would do. For this reason, we kept the curtains closed at all times.

The room itself was nice. No complaints. Clean, bed comfortable, and a flat panel TV. Would stay here again if needed, however, during the mid week, the rates can be a bit hight.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the Hotel and on a higher floor for a more quiet experience.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rich S
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Rich S.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a pleasant experience during your recent stay with us. Please be sure to visit us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

As an IHG gold member, I stayed here as it was IHG brand and fairly close to my business meeting. I got into JFK late so didn't get to the hotel until after midnight. They gave me a room on the lower level at the back of the hotel. After hiking all the way back there and seeing that the hallway opened out to a dark back parking lot and going into my room (which as others have mentioned had an odd window into the hallway) and finding that the security latch lock for my door was broken and hanging off, I went back and asked for another room as that was not a comfortable situation for a woman travelling alone. Would have thought that the front desk would have considered that in the first place when selecting room location. They were nice about getting me another room on the main floor closer to the lobby, which was very clean and nicely appointed except for again the window into the hallway (I had to push a chair against the curtains to hold them totally shut). Unfortunately there was a running water noise coming from the bathroom that wouldn't stop, but luckily I had earplugs.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear MakiK,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am disappointed to see the shortfalls that you experienced during your recent stay. We take all feedback very seriously, as it allows us to improve our guests experience. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel is located in an industrial area just off the Long Island Expressway. Room was on the 1st floor in the back of the hotel. There was a corridor outside the window in our room and we could not keep the curtains open, because there were other guests walking back and forth in the corridor. Very noisy. No restaurants or shopping nearby that you could walk to. Breakfast was not included.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia R
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Patricia R.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I was disappointed to hear about your experience. Hotel rates in our area of the country are higher than most areas, but our rates at the Holiday inn Plainview have always been the best value in the area. Our location is one of the hotels biggest attributes, although there is no shopping or restaurants in walking distance, we have some of the best dining and shopping within a three mile drive of our Hotel. Breakfast is not included as is the case at all Holiday Inn's, as well as, other similar full service hotel brands. However, we do offer rates that include breakfast at an additional value. Thank you again for your comments and I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel years ago and this is my second time back in the last several months. The hotel is newly refurbished and is very pleasant with nice comfortable surroundings. My room was on the third tier, and there is no elevator to get to it. To get to the second floor, via an elevator, you have to walk down a long corridor just to get to the elevator. Not a big deal.
My room was very clean and had a nice flat screen TV too. The bathroom needed more light but The lack of light would not stop me from returning to this hotel.
I had a simple dinner at the hotel bar and to this date, I love French Onion soup and all of the Holiday Inn hotels still have the best onion soup. I also had a basic salad which was OK, but the house wine was $10.00 a glass. Way too expensive for a house wine at a middle end hotel.
I had a problem with my lock on the door, but that was not a deal breaker, I just change rooms. I would come back to this hotel in a heat beat! Just be aware of the price and the day of the week it is because they, like most hotels extort money from the business traveler.

Dear TBRD113,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful remarks with us. It is through comments like yours that we are able to provide a better all around experience for all of our guests. We look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Best,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The hotel is clean and the lobby is nicely done. It appears that they built a shell around an old outside entrance hotel. The lobby and restaurant are nicely updated and decorated then you walk to your room down a hallway with windows on both sides parking lot to your left and hotel rooms to your right. I did not like the fact folks could peer through to your room from the hallway and there where no windows for natural light. Room was updated and clean

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Biztravr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We appreciate your kind thoughts and appreciate all of the feedback that we receive as it allows us to better serve all of our guests. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great all around Experience. Recommend! Hotel has been recently renovated. Clean well appointed rooms. The staff, food, and service were great. Good location, good all around value. Best hotel in the area. Great stay as usual.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear 5StarOnly,

Wow, thank you so much for your review and recommendation. I am so happy that we were able to provide such a great experience for you. Please consider us again if your travels should bring you back to our area.

Kristopher Weich

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Residence Inn Plainview Long Island

Been to Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island? Share your experiences!