“Fantastic”

Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Just a great place to stay. Management and staff make an effort to help in any way possible and keep customers happy. Spotless rooms, great food, easy parking! Overall just a nice place to stay. Kudos to the Holiday Inn team!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind words about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Plainview. Our Team works very hard to create a great Hotel that our Guests love. We greatly appreciate your loyality and it is ALWAYS our pleasure to have you as our Guest and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

It is not often that you find a hotel that combines the worst of all possible worlds: poor quality, indifferent service, rooms that are poorly maintained and smelly, overcharges, front-desk staff that are untrained or uninterested in their work or in their guests. Combine that with a wedding party and you have Holiday Inn Plainview! This is a harsh review but I have good reasons. Where to start? The front desk lady that was continuously talking with her boyfriend and could not find my reservation? The new reservation that she made on the spot at a higher price and for a different room? The poor condition of the room, musty, humid, toilet plugged, dripping shower? The false charges that I received for not showing up for the same reservation that the front desk lady couldn't find. All of those, and more. Never in my many years of travel and my many stays at Holiday Inns around the world have I had such a bad experience. And don't ever try to talk with the Manager Mr. Chris: he's never in, and never returns phone calls. Once they think they got your money you are toast! My advice: stay away or don't leave an imprint of your credit card. You never know what additional charges will show up.

1 Thank Rocketleech
Thank you sharing your comments...unfortunately this review does not reflect the TRUE story of what you are claiming. I would like to take a moment to clear the record and present the facts to those potentional Guests that may be considering our wonderful Hotel. Our Staff works extremely hard to exceed all of our Guests expectations and we find it very disappointing when an individual makes false claims against us. This Guest made 10 reservations through the Holiday Inn Central Reservation System. Only eight of his reservations showed up and we was charged a no show for each of the two rooms that did not show up. The Hotel Cancellation Policy was clearly stated to this Guest and accepted by this Guest when he made his reservations. His first claim that the "front desk lady" was talking on the phone and lost his reservation is unfounded...his reservations were actually checked in my a male Front Desk Agent. The confirmation numbers that he checked in with were the same confirmation numbers he was given when he made the reservation....if we had "lost" his reservation as he claims new confirmation numbers would have been given when new reservations were made for him at the Desk.This guest was also given the exact room type and at the exact price that he had booked As to his claim about Staff talking on thier cell phone...again a false and spiteful statement. This guest also claims that our room conditions were below standards, after review of our Logs he did not make one complaint about his room conditions during his stay...if our rooms were that bad why wasn't it bought to our attention. Our Hotel has gone through a complete mult-million dollar renovation and because of this, along with the condition of our facilties we were recently awarded the prestigious "Renovation of the Year" Award for all Holiday Inn's in the US. I have spoken to this Guest on numerious occasions, along with every member of our Management Team, although he still insists I haven't spoken to him. He has even disputed these charges with his Credit Card company, after their investigation they found the charges as legitimate and supported the Hotel. Everytime we presented these facts to the Guest he claimed we were manipulating our Systems, which is absurd and in the tech world we live in today impossible. Again we at the Holiday Inn Plainview pride ourselves in providing our Guests with excellent service and accomodations and work very hard to do so....it is unfortunate when an individual tries to undermine this hardwork.

Travelers are raving about these Plainview hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I grew up on Long Island and remember being at this hotel for a class reunion. I couldn't believe how much it changed, everything was new and modern. Everyone in my family from out of town stayed here for the wedding. The rooms were large and clean. Loved the bathroom and shower. The staff was wonderful. I would recommend staying there. Being right off the expressway made it easy to go anywhere on the island. We only ate breakfast and had lunch one day. The rest of the time we were out with the family for meals. I would stay there again on another trip back.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are easy and convenient to get to. They do have an elevator if you're on the s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Flacooks
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with us. Our Staff at the Holiday Inn Plainview works very hard to exceed all of our guests expectations and I am sincerely happy to hear we did just that with you as well. We look forward to having you as our Guest again during your next visit to our area!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My daughter goes to college on Long Island and at last minute we had to extend our stay. My normal place was not available so I needed to find another place to stay for the 3 extra nights. This was my first night in this hotel. The lobby and staff that greeted me were very nice. The gentleman who checked us in was very nice and gave us a room in the back that was close to the door so my daughter and I wouldn't have to take our suitcases far.

Our first impression of the room was that it was very nicely done and beds were comfortable. Bathroom upon first look was nice.

My issues though that do not make this my first choice:

When in the shower the ceiling is very very low which made me notice my second possible issue
On the shower ceiling were black marks, now I do not definitely what this was - could have been scuff marks but when I see black marks in a bathroom I also think of mold so I would think a hotel would make sure this issue was taken care of even if just scuff marks

The area is kind of out of the way, I didn't see any nearby places to eat. Have to go out of the way for that.

Biggest deal breaker for me was the heat. The nights were still cool and the second night I turned on the heat. It is so loud that I could not sleep. Had to turn it off in the middle of the night and was cold by morning. I didn't ask to change rooms because we only had one night before we went home. Our last night I turned it off before going to bed so I could get a good night's sleep but was cold so still didn't sleep as well as I had hoped.

All in all it has the possibility of being a very nice hotel but with the issue of the fan for the heat / ac running so terribly loud, that is a deal breaker for me. I know I unfortunately will not be staying here in the future when I bring my daughter back to school.

2 Thank nygrl4evr
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank for your positive comments about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Plainview. Our Staff adheres to very high standards when it comes to the cleaniness of our rooms and each room goes through two seperate inspections before each new Guest arrives. I did speak to both Housekeeping and Maintenance about your concerns about the scuff marks on the shower ceiling and it was attributed to the texture of our bathroom ceilings and nothing more. I am disappointed to hear that you found our location to be out of the way...our location has always been one of this Hotels biggest attributes. We are within 5 miles of some of the Northeasts best shopping and dining and our front desk is happy to provide a list of these destinations upon request. I was sorry to hear about your issue with the noise of the HVAC fan in your room, our Hotels does have a Maintenance staff member availalble at all times and I sincerely wish that you would have bought this to our attention so that it could have been quickly resolved and you could have enjoyed your stay a little more. I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again during your next trip to the area.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed the Memorial day week end for a wedding close by.
The front desk was very accomodating, the restaurant and bar personnel were very friendly.
The dinner selection was good. The breakfast was more limited.
Good experience overall

Room Tip: Stay away from the lobby. Preferably 2nd floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kristopher W, Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about your recent stay at our Hotel. We look forward to having you as our Guest again in the future!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I will update this review as I'm able (still traveling), but it should be said that this place *unquestionably* has a rat problem. I brought it to the manager's attention after *seeing* one in my room. He moved me to another room. A short while later, in my new room, I heard the very same scratching at the wall that preceded seeing the rat in the last room.

On top of that I should not have to argue with the general manager about my experience.

Hotel seems fine at first glance. Will constantly impress upon you how wrong your first glance was thereafter.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank donmthompson
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Our Hotel does by no means have a "rat issue" and maintains an aggressive preventative pest control program, of which we hold records, as cleaniness and guest safety are a top priority. It should be known to those reading this posting that this guests' accomodations were provided to him by his employer while he was working on a month long project in our area. This guest had notified myself and my Staff on several occasions that he was unhappy with the room style which was chosen for him and paid for by his employer. This guest demanded that we upgrade him to a Suite because he would be with us for a month, when we notified him that this was not possible he claimed that our hotel was infested with rats and he would make that known. The Guest remained with us for the remainder of the month. We find it very disheartening that someone would try to discredit the very high reputation of our Hotel and our staff simply because they wanted to be upgraded to a suite. We work extremely hard to exceed all of our guests expectations and are extremely disappointed in the actions taken by this guest.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed this past weekend at the Plainview, New York Holiday Inn on Sunnyside Boulevard out on Long Island. The room appeared to have been recently redone with fresh furniture, paint carpet and bathroom. The bed and pillows all did a fine job for me, and the Staff, especially the front desk man named Brian was especially helpful in changing my room from one with a sofa fold-out plus queen, to a room with two queens. Brian moved our luggage for us, and rehung the previously hung clothing. Great service, and it surpassed what I have come to expect from most mid-priced hotel. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a L.I. hotel convenient to the LIE or Northern State Parkway, about a short drive from midtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Melville Marriott Long Island

Been to Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island? Share your experiences!