“Place has rats.”

Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
“Place has rats.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I will update this review as I'm able (still traveling), but it should be said that this place *unquestionably* has a rat problem. I brought it to the manager's attention after *seeing* one in my room. He moved me to another room. A short while later, in my new room, I heard the very same scratching at the wall that preceded seeing the rat in the last room.

On top of that I should not have to argue with the general manager about my experience.

Hotel seems fine at first glance. Will constantly impress upon you how wrong your first glance was thereafter.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank donmthompson
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Our Hotel does by no means have a "rat issue" and maintains an aggressive preventative pest control program, of which we hold records, as cleaniness and guest safety are a top priority. It should be known to those reading this posting that this guests' accomodations were provided to him by his employer while he was working on a month long project in our area. This guest had notified myself and my Staff on several occasions that he was unhappy with the room style which was chosen for him and paid for by his employer. This guest demanded that we upgrade him to a Suite because he would be with us for a month, when we notified him that this was not possible he claimed that our hotel was infested with rats and he would make that known. The Guest remained with us for the remainder of the month. We find it very disheartening that someone would try to discredit the very high reputation of our Hotel and our staff simply because they wanted to be upgraded to a suite. We work extremely hard to exceed all of our guests expectations and are extremely disappointed in the actions taken by this guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed this past weekend at the Plainview, New York Holiday Inn on Sunnyside Boulevard out on Long Island. The room appeared to have been recently redone with fresh furniture, paint carpet and bathroom. The bed and pillows all did a fine job for me, and the Staff, especially the front desk man named Brian was especially helpful in changing my room from one with a sofa fold-out plus queen, to a room with two queens. Brian moved our luggage for us, and rehung the previously hung clothing. Great service, and it surpassed what I have come to expect from most mid-priced hotel. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a L.I. hotel convenient to the LIE or Northern State Parkway, about a short drive from midtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Woodsboro, Maryland
Reviewed April 21, 2013

hotel was nice, beds comfortable but location wasn't great if you don't have a car....the bar and in particular the restaurant was incredible. If I lived nearby I would go there for dinner on a regular basis! My college roommate and I got together without spouses, kids or grandkids and had a good time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Roosevelt, New York
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel staff was very pleasant upon check in. We were greeted warmly and were told they have my Priority Number. I was given my room key and directions to my room. I was also given my Priority Club snack package (NutriGrain Bar, Lays Potato Chips, and bottle of water).

The lobby was open and beautifully decorated. The restaurant was also nice. Going down the hallway to the room was the mismatch style. The corridor had dark interior colors versus the light colors in the lobby area. The hotel had an "indoor motel" or an interior cruise ship style room. Our room was on the first floor and we had a window that opened to the hallway. There were windows in the hallway, so you indirectly had light/view to the outside.

The walls were thin. We heard the other people every time they were talking or had the TV on.

The bedroom decor was modern and the bed is a few feet away from the door. If you are a light sleeper it would not be an ideal situation because you would hear all the noise.

The closet is inside in the bathroom which has a sliding door.

The staff was nice and the hotel was clean. The hotel style and decor did not match my personal preferences with regard to looking like an interior cruise ship room (no windows to the outside). There was a mismatch between my style and the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Treisha G
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. I appreciate your kind words regarding the service you received from the Staff, as well as, the decor of our common areas. I am sorry that our room style and decor was not to your taste, as a a lot of thought and effort were given to these areas during our recent complete renovation. I sincerely hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future, as we look forward to having you as our Guest again.
Niantic, Connecticut
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn Plainview Long Island. The rooms were nicely decorated, beds were comfortable and it was clean. The staff was friendly and the service was great. We had 17 people and rented 6 rooms and we all enjoyed a great breakfast buffet in the morning. Make sure you go say hello to Ken at the bar too! He was fun to chat with.
DD

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stay here frequently. The property continues to improve. I had to modify my reservations for a recent stay. I called a spoke to Laura at the front desk and she was fantastic. When I checked in I was greeted by trainee Kelly. Although a Kellys name tag said trainee, the check in experience was quick and pleasant.

Nice rooms and a great resturaunt/bar.

Kudos to management! Great place and fantastic staff

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Wjl8923
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I titled this post " A diamond in the rough" because you would never expect such a wonderful hotel in the middle of an industrial park. I Have to say once I walked into the Holiday Inn Plainview it was an "experience" that I rarely see from hotels these days. The bar was a lively group with Christine Guliano running the show, I had a blast with her. Then I got to the front desk counter around 7-7:30pm and got to meet a nice young man named Brian Adams (not the rock star), he told me funny jokes as well as informing me of all the hotel amenities. He thanked me for my business and told me if I needed anything he would be there until 11pm and to hit "0" for assitance. I got a chance to have dinner but not breakfast as I am usually on the run in the AM. The PM dinner crew was outstanding, just a fun atmosphere. As I said earlier this was an "experience" which I will never forget. THANK YOU HOLIDAY INN PLAINVIEW, and the fine staff who provided unparralled service. I will definitely return :D

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so happy that we created a memorable expereince for you during your recent visit. I will be sure to share your comments with Christine, Brian and the rest of our team. We look forward to having you as our guest during your next trip to the Long Island area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Four Points by Sheraton
Four Points by Sheraton
#3 of 6 in Plainview
Melville Marriott Long Island
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville

Been to Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island? Share your experiences!