“Good stay for the weekend”

Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
New Jersey
“Good stay for the weekend”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Visited the Holiday Inn Plainview for a wedding on Long Island. The hotel is conveniently located between the LIE and northern state parkway. Rooms were very clean, ours included a refrigerator and microwave. Some in our party did not have a refrigerator in their room, so it may/may not be included in every room. There is a small pool outside the rear of the hotel, but we did not get a chance to use it. The lobby is very nice and there is a bar and breakfast area located right off the main lobby area. This hotel would be a great option for anyone visiting the area or a few days. As stated before, the best part is the location between the LIE and northern state, it gives you two options if traffic is bad and you are going to/from NYC.

Room Tip: Not sure if every room has a refrigerator, so confirm when you check in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding our Hotel. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay at our newly renovated property. We take great pride in striving to exceed guest expectations and we hope to see you again in the near future on your next trip to Long Island

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Barataria, Louisiana
Reviewed October 7, 2012

To be fair to the hotel I'll start with the positives. They have done a nice job on the hotels appearance and the lobster bisque and stuffed french toast from the restaurant were very good. I was at this hotel with a wedding party and most of the others in the group has minor complains in general the type expected with a normal hotel stay however mine far exceeded any other hotel I've visited. At check in Friday I was told my card (a debit card) was declined so since I needed to get to an event I offered just to pay cash (stupid on my part for not using one of my credit cards at this point) for our three night stay totaling $443.49. The desk clerk accepted the cash but also placed a $50 pre-authorization on my card. Early the next morning I checked with the bank and found not only the $50 charge but two others each for $593.49, (the 443.49 room rate plus 150 extra). So at this point I'm out $1680.47 for a $443.49 stay, I go the the front desk and explain this to clerk on duty he is very sympathetic but tells me the manager will be in shortly (at 7:30) and will have to handle it. As it was the day of my sisters wedding I left to participate in the traditional pre-wedding sister bonding activities, but stopped back at the hotel around 3pm to check and was told they couldn't deal with it until Monday and that it was the bank fault. (bank told me card was never declined and they could have fixed it Saturday if it had been done before 1pm) Then Sunday morning I had my two small children in the tub when water started poring on them through the light fixture from the floor above. When the repairman came in we were told someone above us had let the toilet overflow. After some negotiating on the part of the repairman with the front desk another for us to move to was offered. We were given a coupon for $20 off breakfast for our last remaining morning. Another note worthy item, on the statement I received on our final morning it showed a credit of $147.83 that we should be receiving, don't know if it was for the toilet shower my kids got or the extra funds that were withheld during my stay but it has been a week since we checked out and have not seen any sign of that refund. The $1186.98 was released back to me Monday afternoon and the $50 on Thursday so I ultimately paid only the $443.49 that I had agreed to pay but given the hassle, the toilet shower and most importantly the lack of concern by the hotel when these things occurred I would never return to this hotel and will think twice before staying at another within its chain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy P
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us. During your stay, there was in fact a network communication error between our computer system and your Bank that was unknown to us at the time that caused the issue. Once discovered, we did work with your Bank and followed thier procedures to quickly reverse the error, unfortunately it did take longer than we anticipated. I was very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with the toilet in the room above, which was unknowingly clogged by the rooms occupents. I have spoken with the Staff members involved so that they are properly prepared to handle unexpected situations like yours quickly and professionally. Please know that these are very isolated incidents and I sincerely hope that you would reconsider staying at a Holiday Inn during your future travels. If you do plan on traveling to the Long Island area again in the future, please contact me directly and I would be over joyed to have the opportunity to win back your loyality.

Travelers are raving about these Plainview hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was here several months ago and the transition continues. Most of the work is done. i think they are just hanging some light fixtures in the lobby. Please, oh PLEASE i hope they do something to fix the air conditioning in the room i had! On low it was bad, on medium it was better, on high I could deal with it. Because the rooms have a hallway outside them, the aircontiioners are in the ceiling. I should have asked for another room but it was 1:00 a.m. and I was beat and ready for bed. I stayed two nights (both nights, I got in late). The breakfast was nice and you get a deal if you are a Priority Club member and it's free if you are Platinum. The location is still great, the rooms are modern and beautiful, and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Check to make sure the air handler isn't noisey. Also, I think it's confusing to locate a r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. As you mentioned we are almost completely done with our extensive renovations and we are very excited about the outcome. I was a bit concerned to hear about your issues with the noise from air conditioner blower in your room. Please contact me directly, at your convienace, with your room number so that I can have this issue corrected with our engineering department. Thank you again for your continued loyality to the Holiday Inn Plainview and I look forward to having you as our guest during your next visit to the area.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Very nice Holiday Inn. It is an older Holiday Inn configuration with a completely new interior/exterior. The hotel looby is bright, big and airy. The restaurant/lounge and public spaces are very nice. Our rooms were large, comfy, new, contemporary and well appointed. We were very comfortable here. The beds were great too! Clean clean clean!
The doors in the hall are somewhat loud if they slam - but you are in a hotel...not your house. and with that being said, we only heard anything prior to 11:00p.m.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am so happy to hear about the pleasant experience you had at the Holiday Inn Plainview. My Staff and I take great pride in exceeding our guests expectations and in providing them with a clean and comfortable place to relax. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Long Island area. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and sharing your kind words about our Hotel.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were here for two nights primarily for the location, right off of Exit 46 of the LIE. We were very pleased from the start. Quick friendly check in and excellent room on the first floor. We loved being on the 1st floor with the door to the parking lot so close. Didn't hear any noise and room was more spacious than we expected and appeared newly renovated. Didn't eat in the dining room but we did have drinks one night at the bar which is excellent and the bar food was very good. We'll be back on our next trip in two months to Long Island.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Other than it's location my stay was excellent . The people at thw hotel were nice. I felt very safe during my stay. The rooms even on the first floor were not next to the outside there was a hallway in between. It has recently been renovated. The restaurant located in the hotel was very good. The staff was very accomidating and I will definitely stay there again. I switched from the Best Western in Woodbury which was disgusting

• Stayed August 2011
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Hotel remodeled but in my opinion this is lipstick on a pig. Place was dirty, dark, and rooms were loud. I could hear dude next door coughing up a lung while he was watching Everybody Loves Raymond.
I checked out as there was no way i could sleep there.
Weirdest thing are room windows look out into hallway. Come on with a remodel this should have been fixed.

• Stayed February 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Public Acknowledgement only.

Dear teamsjk,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I'm sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret the unusual level of noise from our other guests affected your stay negatively. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville

Been to Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island? Share your experiences!