“Avoid the weekends. Very noisy!!”

Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I normally stay at this location while on LI. I find it's room very comfortable and the staff, friendly. The room rate is typically reasonable

Unfortunately, the hotel is almost always booked with wedding parties on Friday and Saturday nights from June to October. The staff will attempt to quiet the rowdy guests, but not successfully. You can count on being woken up multiple times during late hours.

All ok as long as you avoid the weekends. I have learned my lessons, and stay elsewhere, usually closer to the city.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Panaray

Reviewed July 9, 2012

So nice to be greeted by a friendly, professional staff after a long day on the road! Rooms are very nice and their restaurant/bar is open (and serves food) until 11pm. This is a huge plus and I should add that the bartender was excellent as was the food. Plenty of menu and beverage selections and prices are reasonable.

Definitely my "go to" place to stay when traveling to Long Island. Only minor downside is early morning traffic noise (LIE) if you have a highway-side room. Not a big deal for me as I am an early riser.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel is very nice. The whole hotel is very clean, the rooms are big. The bar area was nice, the food was good. Our appetizers were great and the dinner itself was okay. I like that they give a mini fridge and microwave in all rooms.

The hallways are a bit small, so you can hear everything from people walking by. But since the rooms are big, it wasnt too much of a problem. Some noise from expressway. Staff was very nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed one night for business. Clean, nice large workout room, friendly staff. Nice that it had a bar area onsite as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 5 times this year and each time the staff and experience continues to amaze me. Let me start by the people. The front desk staff knows me by name, the manager took time to get to know me. The cleaning crew did a fantastic job. The front desk staff is the best in the industry. They never missed a beat. Very friendly and helpful and smiling all the way.
The food is fantastic. The wait staff both at breakfast and a diner time assured a wonderful dining experience not to mention the foods quality is top notch. The thing that truly amazed me is I carry a small bottle of mouth wash and because my job is to make group presentations I must have this to freshen my breath each day. The cleaning staff went the extra mile to assure I had the brand I liked and each day had new small bottle left on the counter in the bathroom. I have never had this kind of personal touch at a hotel stay. Fantastic job all around.

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel and like a room the front desk staff is flexible and understanding and the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I travel often for business and had a bad experience at a different hotel in town the previous week. First I want to say Vincent the driver was awesome. He was always on time and recommended great restaurants which I went to and they were great. The room was very clean as I have allergies and I am allergic to molds and dust. The bed restaurants were La Piazza and Cirellas. The front desk people were very nice and prices at this hotel were reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Since we moved to Colorado, we come back here to see our family almost every year for thanksgiving. We tried some other hotels around Islip or Massepequa. They were dirty or smelly in the bathroom or in the whole room. But in Four Points, the cleaning ladies always followed what we said to them like "Can you clean our room after we leave in an hour?" We always come here and to see our family. Oh! I almost forgot the people at the front desk are very nice people! If you want a clean room every day and room service at every hour of the day, go to Four Points by Sheridan!

Stayed: November 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Melville Marriott Long Island

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island? Share your experiences!