“VERY VERY NICE!!!1”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“VERY VERY NICE!!!1”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Just returned from a fantastic weekend at a family wedding and had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted at the door and were provided with a quick and friendly check-in. I was traveling with 3 elders and the manager was very accommodating when I asked that their rooms be switched to the same floor. The rooms were very nice, everything was modern with granite countertops and the beds were very, very comfortable. We were so tired from our drive that we ate dinner at the restaurant. To our surprise the food was really good . We even decided to eat the breakfast buffet the next morning which consisted of pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins, hash browns..pretty much any thing you wanted. It cost extra but was worth every penny..I even peeked in the bridal suite and loved that they covered the jacuzzi with roses...nice touches all the way around....Having grown up not too far from the hotel, it was nice being home and feeling welcomed at the Sheraton.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LorraineC119

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Nicely furnished with all the basics, pleasant staff at check-in. Had an odd bar scene going on upon check-in - perhaps is the place to be on a Friday evening in that area of Long Island? Rooms were spartan but clean.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
MA
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Upon entering we were greeted courteously and quickly, although the staff was a bit difficult to understand. Our room was large and clean. Even though it is close to the highway, it was relatively quiet. The breakfast was more than sufficient, with quite a bit to chose from as well as the ability to custom order from the grill.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I travel weekly for work, and mostly in the northeast, and as you know, the weather can be an issue from December through March. I was in NY in back to back significant snow storms. When i stayed at Four Points By Sheraton, I got up to go to a work meetinga nd do a presentation for a brand new company. There was over 8 inches of snow. I was blown away to walk out to my rental car and find that the hotel not only cleaned off my car, but shoveled a walk way to my door and trunk.
This is what i call above and beyond and I will definitely stay here for this reason.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I recently stayed at the Four Points in Plainview, NY after having stays at both the Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites, which are both located across the street. Perhaps I was spoiled at the Hilton hotels, since they are new, but I really feel that the Four Points needs some serious renovations to remain competitive. Everything feels dated and old. The carpeting in the common areas is worn and needs more than a vacuum.

The only better thing about the Four Points is a decent restaurant, albeit a bit over priced.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelMan073
petersam
Reviewed October 11, 2010

This hotel was very inviting and looked very new. The rooms ar a good size and are well appointed with flat screen TVs, good bathroom and amenities, free wireless Internet, and very comfortable beds. The breakfast was great and everyone was very friendly and helpful. The only complaint was that the carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed well since the last guest dropped a bunch of crumbs or something. Oh, and the energy saving lighting is a good thought but doesn't warm up quickly enough. I thought the lights were broken at first!

Despite the other reviews that complained about the noise, I didn't have any trouble with the noise from Rt. 495. It's not to say it isn't right there. It is. It just wasn't loud at night, although maybe that had to do with the construction that stopped the traffic on the highway.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I stayed here a few years ago and I'm happy to say the place still looks good. The rooms are nice and I was happy with my nights stay.

Checkin
I was there a little early and they still let me check in

Room
I had a preferred guest room but it was very big.

TV
No problems. Nice selection of channels. i just wish all hotels would get rid of lodgenet.

Bed
As always all Sheraton beds are nice.

Bathroom
Again no problem with broken fixtures or hot water. The only weird thing was the water dial was hard to move.

Checkout
No problems again. They let me stay a little later also for a late flight.

Breakfast
My rate included breakfast in the restaurant and it was average. I would have not paid for it if I wasn't staying there.

Overall I'm happy with this hotel. I was afraid that the interstate noise would be loud but I didn't notice it. Don't know if that is because of the windows being reinforced or I had the TV on.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Melville Marriott Long Island
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Hilton Long Island/Huntington

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island? Share your experiences!