“Wonderful Service in Plainview”

Residence Inn Plainview Long Island
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have stayed at this facility twice as grandchildren were celebrating life-cycle events Friday night and Saturday morning nearby. I have handicapped parking and coming home Friday evening there were no parking spaces and one was advised to park a distance away across the road. My wife explained the situation to the desk who instructed me to leave the keys and they would take responsibility for parking it and retrieving it in the morning in time for me to leave. I had particular help from LeeAnn and Michael and a young woman who had worked all night and was supposed to leave in the morning but stayed to retrieve my car - unfortunately I didn't learn or remember her name.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent a total of 2 weeks in the Plainview location. We were impressed with the overall location of the hotel, directly in the middle of Long Island. The rooms were crisp and clean and the surrounding grounds were in excellent condition. The front desk staff was top of the line. The company we were working with had rented the media room for the 2 weeks and the area was excellent for all of us. Great swivel chairs, plenty of computer connections and a clean environment. Our room was a mini suite with a refrigerator and the basic cooking area. The utensils supplied were adequate and they even had a dishwasher.

The hotel supplies breakfast every morning, a full buffet. They also have a complementary dinner 4 nights a week. The food was average for a buffet line and helped keep our expenses down.

Overall, a great experience, wonderful staff and a comfortable bed...

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Woody B
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Nice looking hotel once you arrive, one can easily pass the entrance like we did, need of "Entrance sign". I had made reservations for 2 nights for 4 adults in one room, came with a King size bed and a twin size fold-away sofa which would be comfortable for a child. Night staff was able to provide a new room which accommodated four with a Queen size bed and a sofa fold-away with a roll-away. Rooms felt a little outdated, not enough towels or shampoo. The breakfast items ran out fast, ran out of coffee, no spoons for reserving condiments in waffle area, staff not very courteous or very helpful. You need to drive around 1-4 miles to a location for eating after 9:30 pm. because hotel restaurant closes early.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wayne L
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with spacious rooms and good fscilities. Has both indoor and outdoor pools. Fitness suite is decent. Staff were tremendous, gave detailed information on local services and directions. Interior feels a bit tired and dated. Given its not cheap, the food could be improved upon.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Grace2009Galway
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights for a family wedding. Having grown up in the area, I never knew this place existed until my sister who works at the hospital across the street told me about it. We stayed in a one bedroom executive suite that overlooked the pool. It was huge! We were also very happy to have 1 1/2 bathrooms, which was great for a family. The breakfast was ok, very crowded on weekends. The free dinners they offer Sun-Thurs. was fairly good and included beer, wine and soda. The staff was very friendly and housekeeping was fantastic. The pool was beautiful and my 10 year old couldn't get enough of it. Will stay here again when we come back and visit family again...no doubt.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The entrance to this property is so low key that unless you have a GPS to alert you, you can easily pass it up. I was impressed with the garden apt/condo landscaped premises, the screened private decks. the lovely pool and breakfast dining area. The room itself was quite lovely and I could see how I could feel right at home if I had to have an extended stay for business or a relocation move.

The rooms are very quiet, the bed was comfortable, the full kitchen well stocked and sparkling clean. The hallways are very wide and spacious. There is an Italian restaurant on premises.This is a pet-friendly hotel and although I did see a few dogs, we never heard them.

The parking area is limited but there is an underground garage we used when we returned around 10 PM.

Room Tip: I asked for a room facing the walking path - stayed in rm. 104B - it was a good location
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 weeks while waiting to close on our house and thought it was awful! Not enough parking. The hotel smells if hospital food. The food is awful. Felt like we were forced away from pool table in bar by outsiders who came with their pool sticks to play looked like they knew bar staff. There is a disgusting cat that is allowed to run around. Slugs all over walkways. The only good thing was the very clean and friendly maid staff! Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone under 70

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Shannon R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
2 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel

Been to Residence Inn Plainview Long Island? Share your experiences!