“It made me sick”

Ranked #51 of 87 Restaurants in Plainview
Cuisines: Greek
“It made me sick”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stopped here recently when we couldn't get in to La Piazza. The menu seemed okay, kind of like a diner. Two of my friends got the shrimp shish kabob. It was totally tasteless, as was the salad with Iceberg lettuce. That night my friend got very sick - stomach pains, mild temperature.The second person who ate the shrimp also experienced stomach pains.He was sick for the next 2 days! It was most likely improper sanitary conditions by the food handler.

Visited January 2012

New York City, New York
“Great casual place for lunch or dinner”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My husband and i eat at The Mixed Grill often (3 - 4 times a month) and find the staff friendly, the food tasty and overall a nice place to eat or get take out. Not your traditional slop greek take out. Fresh greens, grilled chicken and, my favorite, a red greek dressing! Good quality food if you order well.

Melville, NY
“Nearly inedible”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I hate to regurgitate my own posts, but better my post than your stomach contents; this place is just awful... if you check other site's reviews (don't know if I can list them) of The Mixed Grill, you will find thay my experiences are far from uncommon.

The Mixed Grill's been around for far longer than my parents have been in West Hills... so at least 8 years. It used to be a good solid Greek cuisine, but that was then... I/we love Greek food and The Mixed Grill is just about the only game in town. About three months ago, we went there for sit-down service...the meal was drab and disappointing; ok, so they had a bad night. About a week or so later, we did take-away...again, it was soggy and tastless...the only good part was the baklava, which isn't prepared properly, but, hey, after eating dog food, the gum from under your shoe at least has some flavor. The last straw was two weeks ago. With company visiting, we called for delivery (which is my fault for not remembering how bad this food has become). Three gyros later consisting of grey meat that had the consistency and flavor of wet, warm cardboard...that was it. While the greens were fresh, the meal was a few steps below airline food and I declared, and I cannot remember the last time I've stated this, "this was the worst meal of my life". Do not eat here. I really hate to see anyone go out of business, but based on the food here....everyone needs to go. The Mixed Grill is in desparate need of a visit from Chef Ramsay or any executive chef willing to give advise.

New York
“this place is a 10!!!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2010

If you like Greek food, as well as other delicious flavors, you must try the mixed grill in Plainview. I was blown away by the authentic flavors and smells of this incredible food establishment. From the Saganaki to everyone’s favorite Greek lemon chicken soup this place is a hidden gem. You need to go before Long Islanders truly discover this place and you can't get in!