“Just wonderful”

Add it.
China View Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a throwback from my youth. This is the best chinese restaurant. Hot tasty food with concerned service. Pricing is right. This is the way Chinese food use to taste. No frills, nothing fancy. Glad I found the China View in Plainview NY.

2  Thank amishboy

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Boring, bland, cantonese cooking with poor service. If you want tasty cuisine, try Szechuan or something else.

Reviewed February 12, 2011

We found ourselves in Plainview for business and wanted a good but inexpensive meal. We happened to be parked in front of China View and after looking up reviews decided to give it a try. True to the reviews, the place was awesome. This is a throwback to the Chinese restaurants of yesteryear when you can still get "one from column A and two from column B. We opted for the family style dinner. For $14.95 per person we got a choice of soup, appetizer, three entrees (one for each person), and rice, tea and dessert.

We started out with their famous house made duck sauce and very tasty fried noodles and tea (all complimentary. The duck sauce blows the gooey stuff from the plastic packets away. Then came the soup. Loaded with wontons, pork and seaweed, the broth was tasty without being salty and the wontons were nice and firm.

For appetizers, the choices were egg roll, hawaiian beef or dim sum and we got one of each. Egg rolls were crisp, not oily, and loaded with pork and veggies rather than being mostly wrap like many places. The beef was served on a stick and was wonderful. I found the dim sum a little salty but not terrible

For dinner we opted for spare ribs, roast pork lo mein and moo shoo chicken. The ribs were very tasty, meaty and tender, Lo mien was as good as I've ever had (and i grew up in the city) and the moo shoo was extraordinary. Portiions were large and we were all stuffed and had plenty left to take home.

Dessert was a choice of ice cream, pineapple or cookies. We chose pistachio ice cream. It was creamy, not too sweet, and infused with black cherries and absolutely the best choice to end the meal.

Service was terrific. Our water glasses were never empty, food came promptly was hot, fresh and smelled amazing. Everyone was very friendly. I inquired about the duck sauce to the owner and she gave me a container with some noodles to take home for a special price of only $2.00 Will definitely go there again when I'm in the area.

3  Thank radiiochick
Reviewed March 9, 2010

China View has been in the Plainview Shopping Center for as long as I can remember (I'm a baby boomer and proud of it!). I've read in some other travel sites that "this is your mother and father's Chinese Restaurant". That's fine for me! Less noise, less little kids running around screaming out of control, and people my age enjoying an excellent Chinese meal alone or with good friends.
If you want good Chinese, with more than ample portions, in a family-owned restaurant whose owners take pride in their food, this is your place. It certainly is mine. (BTW, I live in California now and the Chinese food here is really pretty bad...It's nice to know China View is still in Plainview when I come back to visit.
Love those egg rolls, too!

1  Thank exlongislandgirl