Wow, I figured that a new hotel would offer the very best of everything but I was wrong. This hotel needs to wake up and smell the coffee. There are so many hotel choices on Long Island and this one will not be my choice the next time I travel.
Upon checking in to this hotel I waited 20 minutes on line with only about two people in front of me. The person in front of me appeared to be having some sort of problem with their bill and was working on it with one clerk and the other clerk was answering phones in between assisting another guest and I. They didn't seem to care or mind that I was waiting as long as I was.
Upon checking in I asked for a non-smoking room and I clearly got a room that was smoked in (it smelled like a cigar). I immediately called the front desk to ask for another room and they told me that was the last non-smoking room available and I could have it sprayed if I wanted. I decided just going with opening the windows. The desk staff blamed the smoke smell on "weekend guests." They told me I could move the following day if I wanted and they would contact me; they never did.
For the hotel property being fairly new it appears to be showing some early signs of wear and tear. The carpets leading up to my room had some stains and dirt marks and my room besides smelling like smoke seemed a little dirty.
The rooms are suppose to be suites but I felt that mine was not much larger than other hotels I have stayed in.
The complimentary breakfast that they offered was horrible. The choices were limited and it appeared they did not have enough food or staff to keep up with the flow, which was not overwhelming looking. The room that has the dining tables was loud and seemed to be a little unkept.
I was alittle surprised by the exact location of the hotel. They're right by the expressway and it's a little noisy and a little out of the way from anything else (i.e. restaurants, entertainment, stores, etc.).
I stayed there because I wanted to try something new and my favorite hotel was sold out. They also appeared to be offering good rates on the internet but I think I over paid for what I got.
I would not stay there again unless I absolutely had to or my choices were very limited. Perhaps they are still working on some things but for now I say, "Do Not Enter." They need to concentrate on their food and the cleanliness of the hotel or maybe even more important; their staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our spacious suites include complimentary WiFi, a fully equipped kitchen, and separate living and sleeping areas - perfect for extended stays, corporate housing and business travelers. Enjoy space to stretch out and a space for everyone at our hotel, which offers 1 and 2-bedroom suites as well as a comfortable pull-out sofa bed in the separate living room. Start your day right with our daily hot full buffet breakfast and unwind at our evening social* Monday - Thursday. Work out in our 24-hour fitness center or relax in the heated indoor pool and whirlpool. Take a stroll on Jones Beach or enjoy one of the many summer concerts. The hotel is located near the peaceful haven of Fire Island, Bethpage State Golf Course and many other golf courses in the area. Or, enjoy a tour of a Long Island vineyard or visit one of the many area restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville Hotel Plainview
- Homewood Suites Plainview
- Homewood Plainview
- Plainview Homewood Suites