All reviews long island evening reception two bedroom suite home away from home complimentary breakfast hot tub breakfast and dinner bagels excellent stay indoor pool great place to stay excellent hotel pleasant stay bed was very comfortable front desk staff convenient location homewood
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My family often chooses the Hotel as a nice getaway or if we need a place to stay due to inclement weather. They are ALWAYS attentive and helpful. We stayed there fore a week after super storm Sandy. They made the process of going through the storm effortless....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The heating system in this hotel stinks. Don't stay there during the winter months. The heat in the rooms was insufficient for the cold weather and produced very dry air which made the rooms uncomfortable. There was not heat at all in the lobby or dinning room during breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood350, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your day to extend words regarding the services rendered during your stay! Please accept my sincere apology for the less than perfect experience in our hotel. It is fair to point it out that we experienced very unusual low temperatures at the time of your stay (down to 4° at night time) almost impossible for our heating system to support. In the normal circumstances our heating system works just fine with no issues at all, however in the case of the nationwide freeze most of the hotels in the area will have the same or similar issues . I would like to assure you that my team and I working towards 100% satisfaction, and already considering replacing of some of the HVAC units in our suites. Happy new year! Thanks for your feedback and loyalty!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is a nice place to stay far from the NYC. And very afforable. On new years eve, this was the best we got that was about $340 for two nights that also one bed room suite. The bed was so comfortable and everything was very clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my girlfriend. This hotel was outstanding in appearance, service, amenities and comfort. From the moment I walked into the lobby at 11pm, it was a welcoming environment. I cannot remember the name of the guy who helped us (it was 11pm on 12/29/13) but he was very helpful and attentive.

We stayed in a studio suite on the first floor. The room was comfortable, spacious and inviting. My girlfriend and I enjoyed the soft, but still firm bed and the flat screen TV. I usually stream movies and television shows from my laptop so the open HDMI ports were a big plus since some hotels will actually block them so you can't use them. The WIFI itself was great. I was able to get to my business emails and make Skype phone calls with no problem or interruption. The thermostat worked quickly and that is important to me since my girlfriend is extremely sensitive to the cold.

The hot tub felt amazing. Not too hot but not lukewarm either. Very relaxing. The complimentary breakfast was awesome. The eggs in particular were very flavorful and filling. Whoever it is that they've hired as a chef, great job! I was surprised since it is buffet style. Checking out was simple, quick and painless thanks to George. He was very helpful and accommodating, especially since I had a special circumstance and needed to stay in the room until 1pm even though checkout time was noon.

When I arrived, I did notice that this Homewood Suites is different than the Homewood Suites in Carle Place NY. I was informed that this was because the Melville location had the original format. I liked this format better. It just felt nicer and more like a home than the newer layout.

I liked this Homewood Suites as much as the one upstate in Binghamton/Vestal and that one was amazing. Do yourself a favor and stay here if you're staying on Long Island. Well worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The rooms are spacious enough for my family of five. We enjoyed the free hot breakfast every morning and thought the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job of straightening our messy room every day for a week.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family