“Good food, great housekeeping service”

Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
North Liberty, United States
“Good food, great housekeeping service”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The rooms are spacious enough for my family of five. We enjoyed the free hot breakfast every morning and thought the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job of straightening our messy room every day for a week.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We really loved staying here in a King suite during a family visit to Long Island. The room is large and the bathroom is great to have the sink outside of the tub. The kitchen was nice for cooking and the large fridge and grocery delivery is very convenient for longer trips. We found the suite very comfortable and the internet service for free was very reliable. Next time we may try the King studio since it's just the two of us and nice to have the larger space without a wall in between the sitting area and the bedroom.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Melville, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here twice now, last summer and again this holiday season. We travel with our 2 dogs so we asked that our room be cleaned first on both stays; we needed to be able to accommodate the housekeeping staff by taking our dogs out for about 40 minutes while they cleaned the room. On both stays our requests were honored...for the first day only. I brought the problem to the service desk on both occasions. On the first stay I was brought to the managers office for satisfaction but only received a P.C. lecture from the manager for picking on the housekeeping staff, who were all from Haiti. On the second visit I was advised that the housekeeping staff needed time to set up their supplies, but that the problem would be addressed. It wasn't! I am sitting in the room right now, it's 11:15, and I'm still waiting for housekeeping. Needing housekeeping early is not an unnecessary request; we can't start our day unless and until our room is cleaned SO THAT WE CAN ACCOMMODATE HOUSEKEEPING BY TAKING THE DOGS FROM THE ROOM. Then, like other guests, we can go about our day. That's not asking too much...but apparently it is. If you are a pet owner try to find a more considerate hotel

West Orange, NJ
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very clean hotel, with all amenities. Great breakfast, love the waffle maker. Breakfast staff was very friendly. Wish they had a restaurant on property for dinner as well. Friendly staff. Great location. Good hotel for those traveling with kids. Ate at the property next door for dinner, not so good. Better to drive somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Albany, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a very nice place. It was recommended to me by my fellow workers. We are long term. They are very accommodating. Excellent food. Friendly people. Would recommend this hotel. 200 characters is to much.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Long Island, New York
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We had a free night from our Hilton Honors program and decided to sneak away for a one nighter, close by. We had stayed here once before, a few years ago and decided to try it again.
We were not disappointed! The suite was spacious, with all the amenities of a long stay hotel.
The blackout curtains, king sized bed and large, flat screen TV, along with the fridge, were all we really needed. My wife used the pool area and found it to be clean and comfortable.
The free Wi Fi access was also nice. We had a complementary breakfast, which had an overabundance of food, all cooked properly and held us through 'til dinner that evening.
Checkout was a breeze and the staff was friendly and accommodating.
All in all, a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: If you stay at ground level, try to get a room close to a parking lot entrance. That way, it will b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here with his two boys for just one night -- Christmas Eve, and it was a great experience from start to finish. On hotels.com I booked a regular suite with a pullout couch in the living room for the boys. When I got to the front desk, I asked for a rollaway so the boys did not have to share a bed, and the desk clerk said I wouldn't need one, as I'd been upgraded to a two-bedroom suite! When I asked to what I owed that honor, he told me they were mostly a business hotel and not very busy on a holiday, so they upgraded people whenever they could! The boys were thrilled -- not a usual emotion for teenagers -- and they loved the indoor pool and hot tub. So did we! The free breakfast was VERY nice, as was the breakfast room, and the lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The beds and bedding were excellent and we got a great night's sleep. Free WiFi in the rooms was nice -- some hotels make you pay for it. There were plenty of towels, and very nice toiletries were the icing on the cake. There is also a fully-appointed kitchen with real dishes and cutlery. We didn't need it, but for a longer stay it would be very nice to have. This is a very nice hotel, and the well-appointed suite was more than worth the bargain price we paid. It's centrally located on Long Island. We picked it to be close to family, but if you are coming for the beaches, this would be less than a half hour drive from either Jones Beach or Robert Moses State Park. It's probably less than half an hour from anywhere in Nassau County or western Suffolk County, whether North or South Shore. Every single employee was kind, helpful, and cheerful, even though they were working on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Highly, highly recommended. The only reason it's not 5 stars is that the location is kind of in an industrial park. It didn't really matter to me as I wasn't staying long and was mostly there to visit family. It's not an unsafe location, or anything like that, just not a stunning area. But the hotel itself and the service more than make up for that, in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island

Been to Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville? Share your experiences!