All reviewslong islandevening receptiontwo bedroom suitehome away from homecomplimentary breakfasthot tubbreakfast and dinnerbagelsexcellent stayindoor poolgreat place to stayexcellent hotelpleasant staybed was very comfortablefront desk staffconvenient locationhomewood
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here twice now, last summer and again this holiday season. We travel with our 2 dogs so we asked that our room be cleaned first on both stays; we needed to be able to accommodate the housekeeping staff by taking our dogs out for about 40 minutes while they cleaned the room. On both stays our requests were honored...for the first day only. I brought the problem to the service desk on both occasions. On the first stay I was brought to the managers office for satisfaction but only received a P.C. lecture from the manager for picking on the housekeeping staff, who were all from Haiti. On the second visit I was advised that the housekeeping staff needed time to set up their supplies, but that the problem would be addressed. It wasn't! I am sitting in the room right now, it's 11:15, and I'm still waiting for housekeeping. Needing housekeeping early is not an unnecessary request; we can't start our day unless and until our room is cleaned SO THAT WE CAN ACCOMMODATE HOUSEKEEPING BY TAKING THE DOGS FROM THE ROOM. Then, like other guests, we can go about our day. That's not asking too much...but apparently it is. If you are a pet owner try to find a more considerate hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very clean hotel, with all amenities. Great breakfast, love the waffle maker. Breakfast staff was very friendly. Wish they had a restaurant on property for dinner as well. Friendly staff. Great location. Good hotel for those traveling with kids. Ate at the property next door for dinner, not so good. Better to drive somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a very nice place. It was recommended to me by my fellow workers. We are long term. They are very accommodating. Excellent food. Friendly people. Would recommend this hotel. 200 characters is to much.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We had a free night from our Hilton Honors program and decided to sneak away for a one nighter, close by. We had stayed here once before, a few years ago and decided to try it again.
We were not disappointed! The suite was spacious, with all the amenities of a long stay hotel.
The blackout curtains, king sized bed and large, flat screen TV, along with the fridge, were all we really needed. My wife used the pool area and found it to be clean and comfortable.
The free Wi Fi access was also nice. We had a complementary breakfast, which had an overabundance of food, all cooked properly and held us through 'til dinner that evening.
Checkout was a breeze and the staff was friendly and accommodating.
All in all, a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: If you stay at ground level, try to get a room close to a parking lot entrance. That way, it will be only a few steps from your vehicle to your room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here with his two boys for just one night -- Christmas Eve, and it was a great experience from start to finish. On hotels.com I booked a regular suite with a pullout couch in the living room for the boys. When I got to the front desk, I asked for a rollaway so the boys did not have to share a bed, and the desk clerk said I wouldn't need one, as I'd been upgraded to a two-bedroom suite! When I asked to what I owed that honor, he told me they were mostly a business hotel and not very busy on a holiday, so they upgraded people whenever they could! The boys were thrilled -- not a usual emotion for teenagers -- and they loved the indoor pool and hot tub. So did we! The free breakfast was VERY nice, as was the breakfast room, and the lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The beds and bedding were excellent and we got a great night's sleep. Free WiFi in the rooms was nice -- some hotels make you pay for it. There were plenty of towels, and very nice toiletries were the icing on the cake. There is also a fully-appointed kitchen with real dishes and cutlery. We didn't need it, but for a longer stay it would be very nice to have. This is a very nice hotel, and the well-appointed suite was more than worth the bargain price we paid. It's centrally located on Long Island. We picked it to be close to family, but if you are coming for the beaches, this would be less than a half hour drive from either Jones Beach or Robert Moses State Park. It's probably less than half an hour from anywhere in Nassau County or western Suffolk County, whether North or South Shore. Every single employee was kind, helpful, and cheerful, even though they were working on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Highly, highly recommended. The only reason it's not 5 stars is that the location is kind of in an industrial park. It didn't really matter to me as I wasn't staying long and was mostly there to visit family. It's not an unsafe location, or anything like that, just not a stunning area. But the hotel itself and the service more than make up for that, in my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family