“Great hotel and value!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I am a travel agent and recently stayed at this property for my daughters soccer games. The staff was excellent. I arrived early and they did everything they could to get me into my room as quickly as possible. Additionally, the staff at breakfast was terrific. They were short staffed and they really hustled and did the best they could and were very pleasant.

The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. It is a large suite with a king bed tucked around the corner from the kitchen. This was the best nights sleep I have had in a long time. The sink is outside of the shower room and commode.

The breakfast was typical of your free included breakfast. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, potatos, hash, cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, toasts and Danish. Not the best I have had but not the worst.

I was on the first floor near one of the entrances which I generally find to be noisy at any other hotel but not here.

While staying at this hotel we drove into NYC on Saturday mid-afternoon for shopping, dinner and a show. It was very easy and took us about 40 minutes to get to 8th and 51st. We hit minimal traffic. For 2 people it was cheaper to drive then to take the train from Hicksville. The front desk said if I was going to take the train that I should take a taxi to and from the train station because parking there is not easy and she recently had her car towed from there.

I would stay here again if I were ever in the area and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I has such a wonderful experience at this hotel . Rose and Jason the front desk employees were so accommodating and friendly. My whole get away was wonderful. My mom is in a wheel chair and they gave me a beautiful handicap accessible room. The breakfast was also delicious and plentiful. The hotel was very clean and decorated beautifully. The gym had everything needed for a work out. The pool looked very inviting even though we did not get a chance to use it. I was there to attend my daughters graduation which very exciting but our hotel accomodations really made our trip complete. we cannot wait to return. Thank you so much Nancy

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I will always know where I will stay when visiting Long Island without a doubt. This staff is amazing! They make you feel right at home both coming and going. With this chef you will not want to stay in to eat. His food prep is superb. The sales staff, front desk manager and hotel manager and staff really make you feel like you are home not in a hotel. Only wish the exercise room was larger with more weights and equipment. Other than that this hotel is a hidden gem on the Island!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is very well kept, the staff is friendly and helpful and the suite was very clean and comfortable. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and this would be my first choice for future trips.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay. Our room appeared to be clean and it was very comfortable. The only issue was in regulating the temperature of the room (no big deal). Front desk staff were professional. The complimentary breakfast was typical but good. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had an excellent experience staying at the Homewood Suites Hotel, by Hilton, it was clean the staff was pleasant and helpful, and it was reasonably priced. We enjoyed using the pool and exercise rooms, and the bed was very comfortable, the room smelled so nice when you walked in, and the room temperature was excellent. I enjoyed my stay at Homewood Suites By Hilton and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

During check in, I was given a rate of $209 for one night and told to speak to Jason (Front Desk Supervisor) the next day. The next day, he "changed" the rate to $179 and told me that this would apply to every night except the first night. He gave me the rate of $179 to match the price I paid during my previous stay, which ended only 3 days before. When I checked out, the rate was billed at $209 for every night. The Sales Manager was called in when I questioned the rate. She treated me with open contempt and told me that if, in fact, Jason had changed the rate, she would need to "deal with him" because "we don't do this". She then told me that she did not believe me and would consult Jason. I called him directly later in the day and he denied the rate he gave me and told me that there was nothing he could do. He told me he would speak to his manager, Constantin, and would let me know, but that he suggested that I "take it up with Hilton". I have not heard anything back and expect that I probably won't.

The entire Front Desk staff told me daily that they are "always full". I assume that this is why they don't care to lose my business and the business of my company.

I was NOT given the Hilton 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

Word of Advice: GET THE RATE IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Homewood350, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Employees and management at Homewood suites Long Island pride ourselves on our integrity, fair pricing, and guest satisfaction. With no exceptions we are staying behind our promises to our guest, including this instance . We din't charged wrong high rate, guest was charged exactly the same rate that he made his reservation . It is unfortunate that individual using blackmail tactics with newspaper like title" liars and thieves" to get discount on his rate.(never works) In our hotel where committed to provide home away from home experience with exceptional service, comfortable accommodations, and integrity.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel? Share your experiences!