Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
$169
FourPoints.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

Book now, pay at stay
$197
$179
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

$137
$129
HolidayInn.com
$147
$93
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$147
Free cancellation until 05/30
$187
$157
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

Free cancellation until 06/01
$189
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslong islandtwo bedroom suiteevening receptionhome away from homehot tubcomplimentary breakfaststaying at this hotelbagelsindoor poolbreakfast and dinnerexcellent hotelexcellent stayfull kitchenbed was very comfortablei highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffbusiness center
Reviewed April 28, 2013

During check in, I was given a rate of $209 for one night and told to speak to Jason (Front Desk Supervisor) the next day. The next day, he "changed" the rate to $179 and told me that this would apply to every night except the first night. He gave me the rate of $179 to match the price I paid during my previous stay, which ended only 3 days before. When I checked out, the rate was billed at $209 for every night. The Sales Manager was called in when I questioned the rate. She treated me with open contempt and told me that if, in fact, Jason had changed the rate, she would need to "deal with him" because "we don't do this". She then told me that she did not believe me and would consult Jason. I called him directly later in the day and he denied the rate he gave me and told me that there was nothing he could do. He told me he would speak to his manager, Constantin, and would let me know, but that he suggested that I "take it up with Hilton". I have not heard anything back and expect that I probably won't.

The entire Front Desk staff told me daily that they are "always full". I assume that this is why they don't care to lose my business and the business of my company.

I was NOT given the Hilton 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

Word of Advice: GET THE RATE IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Homewood350, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Employees and management at Homewood suites Long Island pride ourselves on our integrity, fair pricing, and guest satisfaction. With no exceptions we are staying behind our promises to our guest, including this instance . We din't charged wrong high rate, guest was charged exactly the same rate that he made his reservation . It is unfortunate that individual using blackmail tactics with newspaper like title" liars and thieves" to get discount on his rate.(never works) In our hotel where committed to provide home away from home experience with exceptional service, comfortable accommodations, and integrity.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great Place to stay Excellent Breakfast Very Comfortable And Very Quiet For A Great Rest Family Enjoyed This Getaway For The Weekend .. Kids Are Excited To Go Back. The Kids Didn't Want To Leave ... Overall A Pleasant Stay Excellent Staff

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking time out of your day to extend words of compliment regarding the services rendered during your stay! My team and I are delighted to have you as our guest at the Homewood Suites – Long Island. Our doors are always open to provide you with a home away from home accommodation. Please let me know next time you are planning to be in town, so I can personally follow up on your reservation. Thank for your loyalty!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Clean rooms, excellent staff, great food and service! The chef is first rate! His meals were the talk of my co-workers staying at the Homewood Suites. I enjoyed using the fitness room and pool. It's great that there is a shower in the pool area. The jacuzzi was very welcome addition to the pool area. On weekends, I enjoyed reading my Nook and drinking coffee in the dining area. The hotel is close by to major historic areas like Walt Whitman's birthplace and Teddy Roosevelt's home.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Excellent location. Very comfy beds and spacious accommodations. Beds were extremely comfortable. Nice amenities. Outdoor basketball court was a hit for my teenage son and his friends. Pool was a bit small but typical size for a hotel. Hot tub could have been hoter but I still enjoyed it. Easy on/off LIE.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wine151

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I initially arranged my stay at Homewood Suites through Kathy Petrus. I was due to undergo a medical procedure close by. My sister also stayed with me and I believe that my speedy recovery was helped along by my stay at Homewood Suites. I felt like I was on vacation instead of recuperating. Right after my procedure I went downstairs to join my sister to have a lovely complementary dinner hosted by a very friendly and attentive staff. I then went back to my luxurious suite and fell asleep on a very comfortable bed with many plump pillows while watching a huge TV. I was then ready the next day to have breakfast and head out the door for my doctor's follow-up appointment which was 5 minutes away. This is how all medical procedures should be performed. I would definitely prefer this to a hospital stay. Many thanks to your staff for my good health. Linda

Room Tip: Speak to Kathy directly and she will make sure your visit is a memorable one.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business