“Homewood Suites Melville, NY”

Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
New York City, New York
“Homewood Suites Melville, NY”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had to stay here for approx 4 months and would do it all over again should the need ever occur again...The MGT of this hotel really has their act together. A can't miss, when it comes to satisfaction, relatively speaking of course.

Room Tip: if you are a non smoker, avoid the second floor. They have smoking rooms on this floor and sometimes...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank datnumbersdude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
MA
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I travel to Long Island several times a year. I usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Plainview, Ny, but once in awhile when I have a larger party I enjoy staying at the Homewood Suites right next door to the Hilton Garden. A true well maintained Homewood Suites. The rooms are always immaculate and everything is fresh. The hotel staff is polite and extremely curtious. The overall atmosphere is warm and friendly. This Homewood Suite has become a family favorite.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fifiMA
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was here for nearly 2 weeks on a business trip and found the hotel to be very nice. There were problems with the morning wake-up call system; you couldn’t set it from your room so the it had to be requested at the front desk, the requested call came 75% of the time (thankfully the cell phone has an alarm on it).

The evening reception/light dinner was the best I’ve ever had; the food was excellent and they kept bringing out more until the evening was over (unlike the places that only make a certain amount and then you’re out of luck).

It’s in an out of the way location but it served our purpose well, and there are numerous restaurants and activities within a 5 mile radius. We spent one afternoon at the beach which wasn’t very far away, but there’s so much traffic on Long Island that it took forever to get there. I’d recommend this hotel to anyone who has business in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Southeast
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have stayed here as a family serveral times while visiting family. The facility is nice, clean, and reliable. The breatfast is decent, and althoguh we have never had the dinner, it always looks respectable. We will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This Hotel was Nice and reasonably priced. Hotel was clean, and maid service good. Morning Breakfast was included in the nightly rate. Also included Mon-Thurs was dinner and drinks.
Overall a nice clean hotel that was woth the money. Only down side was that they let people have pets in their room. Had a barking dog next door for two days.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
South Salem, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and have NO COMPLAINTS! It's located right off the LIE - GPS coordinates are correct, and it's super easy to see/find. I was checked in by JeanAnn whole was wonderful and helpful in directing me around the property and telling me it's amenities. I also encountered Michael who is nothing short of amazing. What wonderful asset's to the hotel! The complimentary breakfast was also more than what I expected, it was fantastic! They are located about 1 mile from a shopping center that has everything you could possibly need, including AWESOME NY bagels! I'd absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FlipFloppinLuv
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I got off an exit pe my GPS (Garmin) that took me over 40 blocks in Asian Capitol. I pulled off a road to call the hotel when the GPS is telling me they lost contact with the satelitte. Great guy got me on I495, to exit 48, right roght & get if left lane to ull into parking lot. PERFECT! He told me my husband was there the prior night 7 paid fr his night. SO I pay for this one? He never showed, but he is performing again as he did the prious night in Hamptons. So I got 10 hour sleep on a super comfy bed with 6 down pillows, comforter, not a duvet like FLA. Great shower without tub. I got ready for breakfast. 7AM is start time but the cook was pretty bad. ROck hard french toast that was taken back. Corned beef hash that was liver! YUK! The very helpful counter guys sent up my directions to the Hamptons to where my friend was performing. AND THEY WERE PERFECT I495 to exit 68. I got there in an hour but the single lane road with 1000 cars on it was 6 blocks per hour. SCREAM! I arrive to a guy who was far from friendly, so I left. Drove home 10 hours arriving at 2AM in CLE. Luckily my bodyguard was calling me every hour listening to me with a trucker going up & down Pocanos in nuetral to save gas. His flashes for cops, my flashes for him to pull into. Last exit in PA we stopped at Flying J truck stop for a meal. I got to meet the new owner of the CLeveland Browns who took the checks for us. The great trucker from CAL-ARK left me on the Ohio TPKE & I exited 480 to RIdge Rd to my street.

Have no return trip to the Hamptons planned ever. But Homewood Suites is my favorite!

Room Tip: High floor away from elevators. You get more windows............ Join HiltonHHonors & pay 25,00...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank theawesome1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island

Been to Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville? Share your experiences!