For business trips to Long Island, this is an extremely competitive property.
- A full hot breakfast is included, and dinners are included on weeknights. The breakfast is above average, with a meat, serviceable eggs, the waffle bar, and your typical continental fare, as well as one or two rotating dishes. Dinner is average; the dishes emphasize things that can be made in quantity, but there are fresh vegetables and respectable salads, and if you imbibe, you'll have a couple of (cheap) wine and beer options on a typical night. If you work late or have a significant commute, note that dinner may be cleaned up by the time you get back - at 7:30 sharp, the dishes start disappearing and the taps go dry.
- The rooms are exceptionally clean and the lobby, while busy, is an efficient hub. Elevators are not conveniently located, however.
- The fitness center is minimal but the business center is above average, if you travel without a computer or need access to reasonable printing.
- The air conditioner is surprisingly loud, but otherwise, the beds are comfortable, the shades darken reasonably well, and outside noise is isolated for a good night's sleep.
- Parking at the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn has a superior layout compared to the arrangement at the Homewood, but for a longer stay you can find parking adjacent to one of the exterior access points.
- The kitchen suites are extremely well appointed for an extended stay. On my visit, some Pepperidge Farms cookies and bottles of water were complimentary in the room on the first night.
Be sure you look into rates for any discount you can claim and you may find this is an economical way to conduct professional travel, especially once you factor in the value of the meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our spacious suites include complimentary WiFi, a fully equipped kitchen, and separate living and sleeping areas - perfect for extended stays, corporate housing and business travelers. Enjoy space to stretch out and a space for everyone at our hotel, which offers 1 and 2-bedroom suites as well as a comfortable pull-out sofa bed in the separate living room. Start your day right with our daily hot full buffet breakfast and unwind at our evening social* Monday - Thursday. Work out in our 24-hour fitness center or relax in the heated indoor pool and whirlpool. Take a stroll on Jones Beach or enjoy one of the many summer concerts. The hotel is located near the peaceful haven of Fire Island, Bethpage State Golf Course and many other golf courses in the area. Or, enjoy a tour of a Long Island vineyard or visit one of the many area restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville Hotel Plainview
- Homewood Suites Plainview
- Homewood Plainview
- Plainview Homewood Suites