All reviewslong islandevening receptiontwo bedroom suitehome away from homecomplimentary breakfasthot tubbreakfast and dinnerbagelsexcellent stayindoor poolgreat place to stayexcellent hotelpleasant staybed was very comfortablefront desk staffconvenient locationhomewood
Reviewed July 10, 2007

Stayed two nights 7/6/07 + 7/7/07, 1BR suite for two adults and two kids (1 and 4). Hotel is very clean and staff is very pleasant/helpful. Unfortunate experience on our first night. Arrived late and found that our non-smoking 1BR suite had the reek of nicotine permeating. They had maintenance come up and spray with heavy duty deodorizing, but couldn't move us to other room that night because of fully booked (spray only helped temporarily). Thankfully, they did move us to another 1BR suite the next morning. Sidebar rant: Absolutely pisses me off when a hotel obviously knows a non-smoking room has had renters smoking in it (cleaning staff can obviously smell the difference during room prep) but tries to pass it off as still non-smoking and hope the renter doesn't complain about it.
Back to review. Breakfast buffet is great, especially if you have kids. Cribs (if available) for infants are very nice and not just a pack-n-play. Indoor pool is small but adequate. Hot tub is a nice touch. Location is nice, not far from restaurants and access to L.I. Expressway. On-site laundry machines are a nice plus if you're staying more than a day or in midst of an extended travel holiday with kids.
A shame that the non-smoking room problem popped up during the first night. Otherwise, had a very positive experience.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 1, 2007

I stayed here for a wedding and it was absolutely great. The rooms were VERY, VERY CLEAN. The rooms were spacious enough for four people to walk around in. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable! The kitchenette made the room feel like a home away from home. It's just like a real kitchen with all the appliances. It really came in handy. There is a small living space with a sofa queen bed that pulls out to sleep two more. I enjoyed the hotel very much. **It should be noted that when you are taking directions there, mapquest tells you to make a slight left when you get off the highway but its really right across from the four points sheraton after you make the right coming off the highway.** The staff in the front were accomodating when we asked them to move it closer to the elevators. There is nothing to really complain about here. It was great!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Plainview, NY, in a one bedroom suite with king bed and kitchenette, for four nights, starting Friday, April 27, 2007. We used 90000 Hilton HHonors points for three of the nights and paid $152.10 (AAA discounted rate) for the fourth night ($166.37 including tax). This was a good hotel, but I have to admit that the prices for decent hotels in this part of Long Island were surprisingly (to me, at least) high. The location was very good for our personal purposes, so we went for it, anyway.

This neighborhood is not particularly attractive -- standard suburban business zoned area. There are several restaurant choices within a few minutes’ drive. The nearest Long Island Rail Road station (Hicksville) is about a 20 minute drive away. The hotel is in good condition, modern looking, with a well furnished lobby and eating area (where the included breakfast is available -- rather good food, including a few hot entrees). Amenities were typical for an above average quality hotel in the United States. The staff we encountered during our visit were competent, friendly, and courteous. Computer facilities, including a printer (which needed toner), were available for guests in a room off the lobby.

Our suite was rather large (roughly 18 x 25 feet), had a living room/kitchenette area, a bedroom/bathroom area, a roughly 4 x 3 foot closet with a safe and plenty of hangars, and more than adequate storage spaces. The vanity is outside the separate toilet/shower room, and offered reasonable counter space with a cabinet underneath. The kitchenette included a large microwave, full fridge, utensils, plates, etc., a table and two chairs, sink, and range. A digital thermostat for central air conditioning is in the room. All amenities in the suite were functioning properly during the time of our stay. We heard no sounds from neighboring suites and almost no street noise.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I just stayed at this Homewood Suites for the second time. It is an excellent Homewood Suites, and appears to be getting better! The rooms are clean and up to date. It looks as if they have recently remodeled or just keep things in tip tip shape. The rooms have the usual Homewood amenities: refrigerator, microwave, living area with sleeper sofa. All the upholstery was spotless. The beds are very comfy with great pillows. The bathrooms are fine with plenty of light and vanity space.

The evening reception and dinner served a dinner that a person would actually wish to eat! 3 kinds of salads, plus a tossed salad, 2 kinds of pasta, and a chocolate cake. They also serve complimentary wine and beer, although it is difficult to get someone to serve the wine.

Breakfast is good, standard Homewood with many choices, and seating is difficult on the weekends.

The only downside of the hotel is its location. Although it is an easy on/off from the expressway, it is in the middle of nothing. You should have a car to stay here, and food is a ways down the road. We liked La Piazza, an Italian noisy, restaurant, about a mile away.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Plainview with my husband and young son for just 1 night. I had specifically requested a 1 Bedroom but when arriving got a Studio - it was discouraging that their policy is you can request a room type but you may not get it. I did specifically want a 1 Bedroom for my own personal reasons. In addition, for the rate I paid the bed linens were torn in a few places, wallpaper coming up in the bathroom, and no towels at the pool. They did bring them in a few hours after the pool had opened and we were done. The breakfast was fresh and they had a nice selection. The location was also convenient for our travel plans out to Montauk. Not sure I would stay with Homewood again simply due to not getting the room type I book.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family