“Okay, a good LI spot”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This hotel is good but not great. Rooms are nice, well appointed and very clean although the mattress on the sofa sleeper is not very comfortable. Breakfast is good and it is in a good location if you plan on traveling in central Long Island but not for going into the city. The staff is very attentive and helpful, so I recommend this place, it is basic, but you will like it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel

Reviewed June 28, 2011

The lobby (where the included full breakfast is served) is both classy and inviting. It has a fireplace, places to sit, and the computers, pool, and exercise equipment are just down the hall. Every room is a suite. Our room was L-shaped. The bathroom (with shower big enough for 2, or more) and bed were in one part of the L. The living room, dining room, and full kitchen (including plates, cutlery, etc.) were in the other section. Yet, it didn't feel cramped at all. I booked the room via the online reservation system. I do this for all hotels. However, this is the FIRST TIME ANYWHERE that an online request for extra bath towels and blanket was already fulfilled when I got to the room. Although we were there on the weekend, on weekdays the manager has get-togethers that include substantial dinner-like snacks. The location of the hotel made it easy to get to both North Shore and South Shore locations in about 15 to 20 minutes. We're coming back to Long Island in August and we're going to make this hotel are center of operations.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2011

This was our second time staying at this hotel, and we will continue to stay here from now on when we come to visit extended family on LI. We stay in the 2BR2BA suite and while it is the most expensive option, it is SO worth it with all the room and privacy it offers. We have 4 young children ranging 2-10. One Bedroom is master with a king bed and the other is 2 queens. Each has own full bath, and the kitchen and LR separate the bedrooms. The setup really works for our family. There is also a small indoor pool which (on both occasions) was quite empty so our kids had a blast. Comfy beds and very clean rooms a plus!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2011

We had a wonderful stay here! The kids (age 5, 3 and 7 mons) enjoyed the hotel. It was clean, quiet and cozy. The kitchenette was great to have and the kids loved the pool!We would definitely stay again.
We drove out to Montauck and back and it was nice to come back to the hotel to relax before heading into New York City next.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelwithkidlets
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I've stayed at this particular Homewood Suites for acouple of times now. When I need to stay in this location, I always prefer this hotel. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, and always "homely". While I have never had to deal with problems, this location is always the best around. I've stayed at some other local hotel rooms, but when push comes to shove, the price vs. location/space, this one wins hands down. The ppl at the front desk are always friendly and funny, and I love the square footage you get in the 1 bedroom/1 bed suites. At a AAA rate, you cannot beat it! Some ppl complain about "paper thin walls", but you cannot control what other ppl do with thier kids and what they do in the rooms, but as a solo business traveler, I ask for this hotel all the time. When you wake up in the morning you are refreshed and relaxed.....and even better if you can get up early enough for the FREE hot breakfast. Nothing like hot bacon and sausage and eggs...Damn I love this place :)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank andyman55
Homewood350, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Thank you for taking time out of your day to extend words of compliment regarding the services rendered during your stay! My team and I are delighted to have you as a guest at the Homewood Suites – Long Island. Our doors are always open to provide you with a home away from home accommodation. Please let know next time you are planning to be in town, so I can personally follow up on your reservation. Thank for your loyalty!

Reviewed April 9, 2011

This is the second time we've stayed here and we would certainly stay again. Staff was friendly--the janitor was nice too. The room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. My daughter loved the pool. Lots of food available for breakfast. A great hotel for families.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank got2swim

Reviewed April 7, 2011

If you've ever stayed in one of these suite hotels, you know what they're like: large, convenient rooms in a building built, as a friend of mine said, out of cardboard and toothpicks. My daughter and I found our suite to be spacious, clean, and for the most part in good working order. Unfortunately I was awakened early Sunday morning by a loud dripping sound coming from the bathroom. When I went to investigate, I found water dripping into the shower -- not from the shower head, but from the ceiling. I called down to the desk and got a promise that an engineer would be sent up as soon as he arrived. He showed up about half an hour later; I showed him the leak and he left, presumably to go upstairs and find the source of the problem. The leak didn't reoccur, but I was a little worried about using that shower for the rest of my visit.

Other than that, everything worked fine. We enjoyed the free wifi, swimming pool, fitness room, pretty good breakfast, and extremely comfortable beds. We found the staff pleasant and helpful. There was some remodeling going on when we arrived and we had to squeeze past workmen in the hallway, but we didn't find the work at all disruptive once we were in the room, and everything seemed very clean. Overall it was nice enough that I'd be willing to risk a ceiling leak and stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank vgshea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel? Share your experiences!