“What are you looking for?”

Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
NY
“What are you looking for?”
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I've stayed at this particular Homewood Suites for acouple of times now. When I need to stay in this location, I always prefer this hotel. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, and always "homely". While I have never had to deal with problems, this location is always the best around. I've stayed at some other local hotel rooms, but when push comes to shove, the price vs. location/space, this one wins hands down. The ppl at the front desk are always friendly and funny, and I love the square footage you get in the 1 bedroom/1 bed suites. At a AAA rate, you cannot beat it! Some ppl complain about "paper thin walls", but you cannot control what other ppl do with thier kids and what they do in the rooms, but as a solo business traveler, I ask for this hotel all the time. When you wake up in the morning you are refreshed and relaxed.....and even better if you can get up early enough for the FREE hot breakfast. Nothing like hot bacon and sausage and eggs...Damn I love this place :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank andyman55
Homewood350, General Manager at Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your day to extend words of compliment regarding the services rendered during your stay! My team and I are delighted to have you as a guest at the Homewood Suites – Long Island. Our doors are always open to provide you with a home away from home accommodation. Please let know next time you are planning to be in town, so I can personally follow up on your reservation. Thank for your loyalty!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Clifton Park, NY
Reviewed April 9, 2011

This is the second time we've stayed here and we would certainly stay again. Staff was friendly--the janitor was nice too. The room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. My daughter loved the pool. Lots of food available for breakfast. A great hotel for families.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank got2swim
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed April 7, 2011

If you've ever stayed in one of these suite hotels, you know what they're like: large, convenient rooms in a building built, as a friend of mine said, out of cardboard and toothpicks. My daughter and I found our suite to be spacious, clean, and for the most part in good working order. Unfortunately I was awakened early Sunday morning by a loud dripping sound coming from the bathroom. When I went to investigate, I found water dripping into the shower -- not from the shower head, but from the ceiling. I called down to the desk and got a promise that an engineer would be sent up as soon as he arrived. He showed up about half an hour later; I showed him the leak and he left, presumably to go upstairs and find the source of the problem. The leak didn't reoccur, but I was a little worried about using that shower for the rest of my visit.

Other than that, everything worked fine. We enjoyed the free wifi, swimming pool, fitness room, pretty good breakfast, and extremely comfortable beds. We found the staff pleasant and helpful. There was some remodeling going on when we arrived and we had to squeeze past workmen in the hallway, but we didn't find the work at all disruptive once we were in the room, and everything seemed very clean. Overall it was nice enough that I'd be willing to risk a ceiling leak and stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vgshea
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 28, 2011

First of all, the place is clean, quiet and relatively new (only a couple of years old I think). Everything feels fresh. Second, it has a unique identity, and actually feels a bit different that most business hotels I stay in - which is really nice. They have a fee breakfast, and by all accounts a free dinner (though I didn't try it). Admittedly the breakfast was a bit sub-par compared to other places I've stayed - but it was free, so I just grabbed some stuff on the go and it didn't matter too much to me. In terms of the negative reviews, I'm thinking it must be a smear campaign from competitors. I'm a relatively tough critic, and this place was more than fine.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We are currently staying here and our total stay will be 8 nights....we have encountered many issues: extremely rude and condescending employee at the desk, broken laundry facilities, hair in our sheets upon arrival, hair in our sheets after they were changed, dirty floors, a dead bug in our bed (praying it is not a bed bug), a clogged sink that we have requested maintenance on 5 times (they have come, but it is still not fixed), a rude maintenance worker.....and the list goes on. I am totally appalled that this is considered to be a Hilton hotel....we have stayed in several Homewood Suites before and never had a terrible experience like this.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Chase
Utah
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We had stayed here several years ago when visiting family and I was a bit worried about the state of the hotel for our recent stay. I was surprised to see things appearing very similar to years ago.

We pre-paid and got a good fare, even though it seemed a little steep still.

Staff was VERY accomodating and helpful. George got us set up with free cribs before we arrived and remembered our conversation on the phone when we checked in.

Room was very clean. Sofa Bed was worn and creaky.

Dinner M-Th nights was very welcome and handy, and free! The daily breakfast was very nice. We didn't waste time with anything but the bagels...gotta have those NY bagels when in NY!

I would recommend this hotel to others. It was a friendly stay. Had the hotel been more booked I can understand the issues with noise between floors. I'm also glad I didn't see any animals in the building.

Another in our party had the King studio while we had the one bedroom King. It seemed the studio had more space, maybe it was just the lack of a wall in the middle that made it feel so large.

The wireless internet worked like a charm and required my accepting T&C only once in the stay, not daily like many hotels.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bez71
Homewood350, General Manager at Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We left another Hilton property for this one and it was much better. Newer hotel, nice breakfast buffet and more modern rooms for same price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island

Been to Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville? Share your experiences!