“A very good local pub”

Morrison's
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Plainview
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plainview, NY
“A very good local pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I don't like basing a review on 1 visit so we went back for a 2nd visit. Everything was as good as the first time. First time I had the burger cooked to perfection as ordered. On the next visit I had the lobster roll special. On both occasions I had the loaded baked potato as a side. They have a varied menu to please all palates along with reasonable prices. Service was excellent on both visits. The only negative is that the restaurant tends to be a bit noisy when crowded, however that will not prevent my wife & I from frequenting this local restaurant.

1 Thank ron2putt

New Hyde Park, New York
“quality grub, quality service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Been there three times now and each time, find something new to enjoy immensely. Appetizers are always a good size to share with the family. Beer list is usually local centric and filled with some hard to find choices. Entrees always please, meat focused but seems that there are plenty of options for those preferring non red meat or veggie options. Service is quick and you can see there's a focus on keeping customers happy.

2 Thank Redmen91
drgoldin90
“really enjoyed our dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had been to Red Fish a few times but for reasons I can't explain we never came very often. In contrast, we eat at Jackson's in Commack frequently (same owners). As we were meeting family from Nassau County for dinner we decided to try Morrison's. We were not disappointed. Everyone ordered varied dishes and really enjoyed their dinners. The shrimp with crab ravioli was a big hit as well as the chicken and ribs BBQ combo. The service was excellent and attentive.

1 Thank drgoldin90
Hicksville, New York, United States
“Great food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Was Redfish, which I enjoyed, now Morrison's, with the same owners and many of the same staff. We have not had a bad meal, everything is fresh and well made, and the service is great. We even had them prepare food for a small Superbowl party, and everyone raved about it, the pulled pork and burger sliders were amazing and the roasted wings were great too. The place seems to get busier every week, so better have reservations on the weekend.

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“We finally have a very good restaurant in our area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I must thank my son and daughter in law for introducing my wife and I to this very nice restaurant less than a mile from my home. I was so used to seeing The Red Fish, a not very good seafood place, at that location resulting in Morrison's became invisible to us.
Yesterday my son and his family spent a good part of the day with us and when it came to deciding on dinner John and Robin suggested Morrison's. I said where is that and finally we made a reservation for 7. 4 adults an 8 year old, 5 year old and a 2 year old. The interior is a little cramped and busy but just shy of being uncomfortable. I won't review the appetizers or the salad we ordered because they were good but nothing unusual, I will write about the 2 dishes my wife and I had: I ordered from their specials for the day menu and had the Pasta with a white cream sauce and gorganzola cheese. It also came with a generous portion of the most delicious boneless short ribs I've had since my wife made them a long time ago.Quite frankly that was one of the best meals I've had in any restaurant in a long time and we dine out frequently. Now I must add that this was one of those bad news/ good news situations. The bad news was the pasta was a little light on the white sauce and a tad bland for my liking. The good news is our server, Kevin C., made it right. He brought me an additional portion of the gorgonzola cheese and had the kitchen prepare an ample amount of sauce from scratch. I was very happy with my meal. My wife ordered the short rib dinner and she agreed with me that the short robs were great. My son ordered the rib eye steak and said it was good but a little too fatty for him. My daughter in law ordered soup which she said was just ok and a salad which she enjoyed. My 8 year old granddaughter had the pasta with butter, my 5 year old grandson had the pasta with a red sauce and my 2 year old grandson ordered the mac and cheese. They all received good size portions and they enjoyed their food. All meals are served with corn bread which was very tasty. We will definately return to that very good, reasonably priced restaurant and I will ask to be seated in Kevin's section because he definately looks after his customers..

• Visited March 2014