“Group get together. Enjoyed the meal”
Review of Brasserie Cassis

Brasserie Cassis
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Cassis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Plainview
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Woodbury Rd
Transit: 2 mile drive from the Hicksville LIRR Train Station and 3 miles from the Syosset LIRR Train Station
Reviewed August 2, 2013

It began to rain, we booked a table for 12 and enjoyed a few hours of fun discussion. It was not too loud (and we did not make it louder!) We had a few drinks, some of ordered two appetizers, some of ordered just an entree. We all enjoyed our dishes. The salad frisee was nice with the delicate poached egg on top (which you cut up and mix into the dressing), this creates a creamy addition to the acidic edge of the dressing it was good. Three of the ladies ordered the duck and enjoyed it. Someone ordered the pork chop and liked it too. Creme Brule and Chocolate Mousse were enjoyed as well.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Sometimes I miss French/Belgium food; when this happens and I don't want to go far, Brasserie Cassis is the place of choice. I start by having a kir royal (I am amazed how some bartenders have no clue of what it is) then a good steak tartar (when available).

The desserts tend to be good as well and I leave feeling that I crossed the Atlantic without even leaving my neighborhood. Absolutely worth it.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great food and service. Excellent atmosphere.attentive waitstaff. Prices could be a little more reasonable. We continue to enjoy!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

French Bistro food. Comfortable atmosphere, large bar and bar seen. The noise level can be quite energetic. The portions are nice size and the food is quite good. Service is good as well. Recommend.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have had dinner here a few times this year, each time the service is slow. The food is ok, sometimes overcooked, sometimes too salty. Bacon lardons and egg overcooked on the Frisse salad.

1  Thank designit2000