“Floundering”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Floundering”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were disappointed by our experience at Red Fish Grill. Overall, although the waitstaff was friendly, they were quite forgetful. We had to ask for several items quite a few times. In addition, the food was bland at best. I ordered a "pick two" platter and it seemed as though the food was carelessly thrown onto the plate. Moreover, the mashed potatoes on both my plate and my husband's plate were cold. There was nothing above average about any item that we ordered. We also thought that it was a bit pricy for the overall quality or food and service.

• Visited March 2013

Manalapan, New Jersey
“Food was lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

On the whole, I would say this restaurant was average. The service - meaning the waitress - was great, but the food fell below my expectations. Our alcoholic beverages were too strong. However they were replaced. Our Tai lettuce wraps were tasty and presented beautifully, but they fell apart consistently. My Ahi Tuna burger had no flavor. We were all totally disappointed with our desserts. We ordered a cheesecake and a key lime pie. Both tasted like they came out of a box. For the price they charged for a small slice, w
I wished they were home made. Very disappointed!

• Visited February 2013
“Probably the best in Plainview”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

For a town not known for its cuisine, this is probably as good as it gets. I only go on weekdays or get take out and there is never a big wait. I wish there were more non-fish options so I could get my meat-eating husband to go with me.

Plainview, New York
“Great Value in fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have frequented this restaurant many times since it first opened and I have only been disappointed when they have taken a special off the menu. The Kung Po Calamari, and the Thai Lettuce wraps are wonderful. Entrees of Asian Lacquered Sea Bass to Jambalaya are all done with great care. With exquisite presentation by the Chef. The wine choices I have never been short on interest and they use an Extra large glass so you actually are getting a nice glass of wine.

• Visited November 2012
Long Islander
“Reasonable Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went there with another couple and was seated promptly. Service was good. We wanted the frice fix meal, but thy only served it until 6pm. The asian calamari apitizer was delicious as was the jambalia for the entre. But stay away from the drinks . . they are too pricey. We were served our wine (it was a half glass) folr $12 each which turned a good and reasonable meal into an expensive one. Will try them again in the future, but will drink water next time.

Visited December 2012