“Probably the best in Plainview”
Review of Red Fish Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

For a town not known for its cuisine, this is probably as good as it gets. I only go on weekdays or get take out and there is never a big wait. I wish there were more non-fish options so I could get my meat-eating husband to go with me.

There are newer reviews for Red Fish Grill

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have frequented this restaurant many times since it first opened and I have only been disappointed when they have taken a special off the menu. The Kung Po Calamari, and the Thai Lettuce wraps are wonderful. Entrees of Asian Lacquered Sea Bass to Jambalaya are all done with great care. With exquisite presentation by the Chef. The wine choices I have never been short on interest and they use an Extra large glass so you actually are getting a nice glass of wine.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went there with another couple and was seated promptly. Service was good. We wanted the frice fix meal, but thy only served it until 6pm. The asian calamari apitizer was delicious as was the jambalia for the entre. But stay away from the drinks . . they are too pricey. We were served our wine (it was a half glass) folr $12 each which turned a good and reasonable meal into an expensive one. Will try them again in the future, but will drink water next time.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My family has been frequenting this establishment for years. We have always been satisfied. But lately, service and quality have been on serious decline. The wait, watered down drinks, soggy fish and lack of attention now puts this restaurant at the bottom of my list. Portions, drinks are smaller and mediocre, at best. What the heck happened here?

1  Thank Jane A
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We went to this place from work on a slow day - there were fewer than a third of the tables occupied. We ordered for all 6 of us pretty promptly as each of use picked from the lunch combo.

Then the waiting began.

We asked after 20 minutes, then 30, 40 and each time we just got a nod from the waiter. No explanations, no ETA. We told them we have to get back to work, didn't seem to concern or hurry them at all.

No bread/appetizers in the meantime, we were left to sip and finish whatever soda we ordered, or water if we didn't.

After 50 min the food arrived, average at best. Mine was cold, the bread from grilled sandwich had become dry cold and very chewy. My three friends had ordered French onion soup which was too salty. The salad was not even chopped, maybe it sniffed the dressing for 50 min but couldn't taste any on it.

For this pathetic level of service we didn't even hear a half hearted apology, let alone any effort to make up for such awful wait.

All this priceless experience doesn't come cheap$$

2  Thank lv_roadtrip_4evr