“Still a Great Restaurant”
Review of Red Fish Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Came here after having a great meal the last time (see previous review), and found the restaurant just as enjoyable. This time came with the whole family (including a 2 y.o.) and found them to be very accommodating to children.

1  Thank drichrx
There are newer reviews for Red Fish Grill

Reviewed June 21, 2011

I never write these things but had do express my disappointment from tonight's visit to the Red Fish Grill. We were met with a pleasant waitress - new , but not the problem - had our drinks, placed the order and 1 1/2 later still waiting for the food. First the salads took over an hour, yes one hour...unbelievable. I worked in a restaurant for years as a waitress. A salad, the house one at that, should not take that long to bring to the table. It wasn't very crowded and tables around us ate before us. Our waitress came over and apologized and informed he manager who also came over and apologized. Another 20 minutes and the salad came. We were informed our meal was coming soon. Yes the food was good, fantastic? No not worth the wait but what really bothered me is the manager's reaction - NOTHING. Sandy was his name and he did not handle the situation well. After coming over to our table twice and apologizing but not offering any kind of explanation....nothing...offered us nothing either. If and when this would happen when I was a waitress, whatever the reason...kitchen, waitress, unexplainable mistake - you offer something. Pick up the bar tab, offer dessert...something. This guy was clueless. We won't be back. That food should be outrageous to make us make the 20 minute trip to this restaurant again. My Ceasar salad..ah..nothing special. My lemon sole picata was tasty, the broiled seafood platter - shrimp overcooked ( how did that happen? we waited forever) the stuffed sole, burnt on the edges. Really? The crabcakes ? tasteless. The tuna was very good. So overall like I said good because half our meals were pretty good and the others poor...so the average good but really will not recommend this place at all. Save your money.

Reviewed December 27, 2010

Dined at this restuarant about a month a ago with a girlfriend. The restaurant was like a ghost town, but the food was excellent. I made a reservation for my husband and I to go with another couple for the next weekend. We had a 7 oclock reservation and werent seated until about 8. While waiting at the bar I could hear the manager complaining to the staff about how upset we were and some other not so nice things. When finally seated, the first two things I ordered were "out" for the night. Finally settling for the Salmon, which I had had once before, it came out completely raw in the middle. I sent it back ofcourse. I heard the table next to us complaining about how they did not have what they had wanted to order either. The manager apologized seeing as how we were not happy, but because of how I heard her speak of us before we were seated to the staff, I knew it wasnt heart felt. Now we know why its a ghost town during the week...

Reviewed August 2, 2010

This place has the BEST happy hour.. from 4-6:30 all the bar apps are $5 the beers are $3, wines$ 4, and martinis are $5! The same deal starts one hour before close every night..the bar is really nice and open, the bartender (valerie) was so nice and offered the asian short ribs..they were delicious and tender..they also have a fantastic seafood menu where you can chose your fish, how you want it cooked and chose 2 sides... they have such variety from paella and roasted chicken, to seafood marinara with scallops, shrimp, mussels and clams...my friend had the tuna tartare and it was amazing..one of the best I've had...the restaurant is clean and maybe a little "boring". But the food is great for the value..the potions are wonderful, even the cappuccino is a huge cup not cheap at all! I'll be back to try new things because so far I've been impressed.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Doesn't look like much from the outside, but this is an excellent seafood restaurant with a nice atmosphere. The early bird specials (which include all night on weeknights) are a real deal. I got the New England Lobster Bake for $25. It included a steamed 1.5 lb lobster, clams, mussels, fish, vegetable, potatoe and cole slaw. It was plentiful and excellent. My business colleague got the tuna and claimed it was juicy and fresh. I highly recommend this place when in the Plainview area, even though hard to find.