“Decent food, average service”
Review of Kumo Sushi

Kumo Sushi
Ranked #19 of 86 Restaurants in Plainview
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mumbai
“Decent food, average service”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had been there for lunch, I ordered the sushi lunch, while my friends ordered maki lunch, sashimi lunch and Volcano roll. The lunches came with miso soup and salad. The volcano roll was spicy tuna with avacado. It looked quite colorful. I will try that next time. Here the service is very quick during lunch we were in and out in less than 30 minutes thats a plus for lunches from office. But the service levels does need improvement. The waitress was particular hurry and would often throw our orders.

• Visited June 2013

Dix Hills, New York
“Don't go There!!!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I’ve been going to Komo Sushi since they opened and always liked to food. Lately, we have noticed a very bad crowd in there drinking heavily, getting loud and dropping F bombs everywhere. The last time I was there with my family they were making all kinds of noise. I politely asked them to tone it down, this is when the father and son assaulted me. They cornered me, told me they were going to kill me and my family, also poke out my wife’s eyes all in front of my daughter. We asked the people at counter to call the police and they said no we are taking orders. We were told by the owner that these animals fight with other patrons all the time but since they spend a lot of money so it’s alright. Of course the Police came and watched the video and since I ducked the punch they would not make an arrest. The owners of Komo Sushi knowingly and willfully put revenues above the safety of anyone else in the restaurant. I suggest that no body that reads this review ever go to Kumo Sushi, they will be closed soon

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank sushilover47601
Plainview, New York
“very good”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had a quick dinner by myself this week. I have been to kumo on another occasion and had liked it. I ate at the sushi bar and was entertained by the four sushi chef's churning out massive amounts of shusi rolls. Very busy, very fresh. and very tasty! I had a toro appetizer and a fried oyster in garlic butter, yum!

• Visited December 2012
New York, USA
“"pretty good"”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We do enjoy this sushi place. It has pretty unique rolls and a good variety, not overwhelming variety. Many people enjoy this place. It is in a strip mall (next to Fairway market).
Good drink menu. It does have high ceilings, it is very dark, as they do not let any light in. The windows are always covered by opaque curtains. The service was okay, I know they have a tendency to rush. Reservations are only accepted for a party of 3 or more.

• Visited May 2012
Lake Grove, New York, United States
“love it”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

great sushi, great service. best sushi in the area., love the live scallop and sapparo giant beer!!!

• Visited April 2012