Hilton Garden Inn Melville
$157
  • Pool
$189
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront desklong islandhilton gardenstarbucks coffeegreat hotelconvenient locationthe wait stafffamily weddingeasy accessbusiness tripwould definitely stay here againwedding blockbreakfast buffetnice stayfitness centeroff the highwaybusiness center
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. The check-in and check-out process was very easy and professional. The hotel was very clean and well appointed. I especially liked the fireplace and sitting area in the lobby. It is a very welcoming area. My room and bathroom were spotless and very nice. It offered a relaxing retreat after a busy work day. The free internet worked just ok as I kept losing my connection. The morning breakfast was well stocked, offered a variety of choices, and was good. Just know that it is an extra charge. I did not eat dinner here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was looking for a hotel in the Plainview area. Plenty of choices in the area but most of the hotels are a bit older. I wanted to find something newish so that we'd feel comfortable. We checked in late and had absolutely no problems with the front desk. They welcomed us openly. We then proceeded to our room. The room is a bit on the small side. But 2 queen beds and some chairs were all in good condition. The beds are interesting. They have a variation of the air supported mattress. You get to adjust it based upon your comfort needs. While it does have some variability, it was not a game changer in comfort. The beds were generally firm but you do sink into them. They were comfortable. In general, I hate the AC units in hotels. This was no exception. It goes from being warm to cold. This always makes it difficult for me to sleep. The unit was relatively quiet and effective for cooling the room. A big positive is that the room had a microwave an small fridge. This allowed us to keep some bottles of water cold, some milk and other small items in the room. We had breakfast in the restaurant the one morning. The food was good. I had some eggs. My son loaded up on the bacon. We tried a few other things. Good but overpriced. Glad I didn't have to pay for it thanks to a coupon on checkin. Of course this was Long Island and you pay NY type prices for the hotel. Overall, this was a good stay at a good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed at many Hilton hotels in the past, but this one was just okay. Nothing special. We received a voucher for a free breakfast the first day of our stay because I am a Hilton Honors member, otherwise breakfast is not included. I found out through friends who were also staying there and were not HH members, that the buffet was pricey, so the second day of our stay we went to a diner down the road that was a lot cheaper then the hotel buffet. The beds were exceptionally hard and both my husband and I woke up very sore the next day. Overall, I would rate this hotel: Meh.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a wedding to attend in central Long Island and are happy we decided to stay here. We have been lucky with this chain of hotels and this stay was no different. The cost was comparable to the area and we enjoyed our stay. We will be back next year for another wedding about 15 minutes from this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Easy to get there, half mile from Long Island Expressway.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chuck-06
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overall the hotel was good. It was definitely pricey; however, given traffic it was well worth paying the extra dollars. Carpet could use a steam cleaning; although the carpeting appeared visibly clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business