“Great Accommodations at a fair price”

Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Comfortable room, great staff, convenient location. Rooms were quiet, clean and well furnished, bed was comfortable, service was excellent. In-room dining experience was very good; food was excellent and delivered in a timely manner. Hotel offers many amenities for business, family, or special guests. Location was excellent for my business trip, based on proximity to my business destination. Staff was very accommodating.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff really went out of their way for me -- accomodated an early check-in at 9am after an overnight flight from LA, housekeeping staff didn't let doors slam while cleaning nearby rooms after I requested them not to, provided me some fruit and a cutting knife in my room upon request, and upon my request at check-out quickly made me boiled eggs to take for my flight. They also helped with train info into NYC and pricing, and also arranged an inexpensive taxi for me to and from the hotel from JFK (All Seasons Transport $65 each way -- very satisfied). Very impressed during my stay and appreciative of the great staff!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Whenever we visit Long Island (we used to live there) we try to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Melville. It is well-located just off the Long Island Expressway. Staff is always accommodating, rooms are large, clean and well-kept.
For those times when we've arrived prior to 3 PM check-in, we have called ahead and our room was always ready and waiting. Lobby area is nice and in spring the tulips on the grounds are lovely. Many guests use this hotel while attending events like weddings, bar mitzvahs, etc., in the area.
Beds are quite comfortable and can be "set" for hardness or softness on each side. USA Today is provided for guests. Free internet access is provided too. All in all, no complaints. While pricing considerably and frequently, most times we consider this facility reasonable for what you receive.
Weaknesses: Breakfasts are about $12.00 a person, compared with the excellent buffet breakfasts served Hampton Inns for FREE. HGI would do well to consider offering similar. Second weakness is the bar. Especially during the hours of 3 to 8 or 9 PM, HGI should consider providing a well-trained bartender who is knowledgeable in making drinks and also top notch bar food should be available.
Despite these omissions, though, we'll continue using the HGI in Melville. We'll add too that we have stayed at other HGI's across the country and haven't ever had a problem. Should also add that parking is free and convenient, and the pool and hot tub are fine as well.

Room Tip: We typically accept whatever room we are assigned and though we may like one room better than anothe...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stay here whenever I am n the area. Rooms are clean and employees are always helpful and pleasant. The restaurant is fine for breakfast but I find dinner options to be lacking. I typically go out for dinner as there are plenty of local restaurants in the area.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Good hotel, the internet was inlcuded (in my fare), breakfast not. Was more or less what expected, nice clean and problemless experience.
Only the price wasn't that cheap, but you get what you pay and the overall experience was pleasing. So Thank You!

The dinner we had there (because we arrived late) was ok, but for that price not special at all. So for that only three stars, but if you want an hotel/sleeping experience that isn't bad at all, you might choose that Hotel Garden Inn when you are in the area. BTW, it is 15-20 minutes to the sea side, but very close to the highway.

Room Tip: Four floor was good, but long ways to walk, but great big room - that was room 422 i think.... Anyho...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Hilton Garden Inn. I was very pleasently surprised. It was a very new property, so I don't know if this particulary property is typical, but either way, it was really nice for the price.

First let's start with the staff. They were excellent! The hotel was packed with out-of-town families attending weddings, Bar Mitzvah's etc. These types of groups tend to be rather demanding and also can easily overwhelm hotel staff because everyone is in the lobby doing the same things at the same time. Despite the number of families milling about, the staff did a great job making each guest feel special and attended to the needs of each guest as if they were the only guest. e.g. we had a large birthday cake that needed to be refrigarated, but couldn't fit in the small refrigarator in our room. The front desk and kitchen staff offered to keep the cake in the large walk in cooler in the main kitchen without me even having to ask. Once we were ready to eat the cake (2 days later), they brought it out, offered to cut it and serve it to us, again, all without me having to ask them. (Ean, one of the waiters, was particularly good at looking after us)

The hotel facility itself is also rather nice -- not fancy, but the perfect amount of lobby, and outdoor seating to accommodate the large out-of-town family groups that were there. -- Each group was able to stake out a "private" location to congregate, without being ontop of the other groups that were there.

The rooms -- average, but very clean and nice and a very good value for the price.

Speaking of value -- normally I choose to stay at a hotel that includes a free hot breakfast e.g. Homewood Suites, Marriott Residence Inn. The Hampton Garden Inn offers a nice breakfast, but they charge $12.95 per person. Having said that, since I am a Silver Hilton Honors Member, our breakfast was complimentary, so it really wasn't an issue this time. (Also, they offer free Starbuck's coffee in the lobby most of the day, so I was a happy camper!)

Location -- right off of the highway (both LIE and Northern State), but it doesn't feel like there is a highway nearby, so it provided the best of both worlds.

Nice extra pluses -- there actually is a bar and restaurant that stays open until 11pm, which is nice if you want to meet other family members in the lobby for a drink after a long day of celebrating at weddings, Bar Mitzvah's etc.

In addition, the hotel had a nice, very usable business center, pool and fitness center. All nice ameneties if you have time to use them.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors member, ask the front desk if they would be willing to comp. your breakfa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GingerCharlotte
Reviewed April 18, 2013

On a recent trip we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Plainview Long Island, based on a friend's recommendation. They were right. Everything from the welcome, to the lobby fireplace, to the overall appearance, to the cordiality of the staff was great and smooth. The layout of the room and the furnishings worked out perfectly. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank FJ F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
3 mi away
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Melville? Share your experiences!