“Great couples hotel”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Flagler Beach, Florida
“Great couples hotel”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I came here to celebrate our anniversary. We wanted something close just to get away from the kids. It was excellent! We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. The bed was very comfortable and the room size was good. The stall shower was big and the bathroom was very clean. The staff is top notch. We had a problem with our movie and our food we ordered and they fixed it without question and quickly. There was little to no noise in the hallways which was a huge plus because we were hoping to get some much needed sleep. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank medly03

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice location. Quiet. Clean. Stayed only one night with family. Staff is professional helpful ... we were there at a very busy time so they looked a bit understaffed. If you can get the breakfast in decent room price, worth it.

Kingston, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Visited family in Nassau County. I'm a HGI honors member so this hotel is one of two located in Nassau Country, NY Much better price than the other one and features and services were high quality. Quiet area and located closely to major Long Island expressways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

MA
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My cousin chose this hotel for her wedding guests for her recent wedding and she couldn't have made a better pick. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

The Good:
To a person, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was just the right size- the shower was huge (and very nice bathroom amenities- hair dryer, soap, shampoo, etc). There was free Wifi, which is always appreciated. The bed was very comfortable (I think it was a memory foam mattress? Very comfy!) The lobby was well stocked with fresh coffee, tea, and lemon water and there were plenty of comfy chairs and couches. There was plenty of parking. There was a nice space for breakfast, which converted to a bar area in the evening- very nice. Although I didn't use them, there was a nice pool, business center, and exercise room.

The 'bad':
I say 'bad', because there's really not a lot to complain about. The only downside was the heating/cooling system in the room. It didn't regulate very well, and although you could set the temperature, it alternately blew hot and cold air, and would never really get to the desired temperature. This made it difficult to sleep through the night without waking up too hot or too cold.

Overall, I would stay here again and I would definitely recommend it without hesitation.

1 Thank Lucinarei
New York, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend on Long Island, visiting family. Although the hotel was about 20 minutes from their home (we picked a spring break weekend - couldn't find anything closer) we would absolutely stay here again. The room was great, very spacious, clean and inviting. Bathroom was a perfect size, great shower. The lobby is very welcoming, with a fireplace, cozy chairs and a decent bar. This hotel is highly recommended - we will stay here again, no question!

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding that took place nearby.

This is a very nice hotel that serves its purpose well. I noticed many others staying here for weddings or other events.

The hotel is very clean, has a welcoming, comfortable, well-appointed lobby space, and friendly front desk staff.

The room had plenty of space, the bathrooms looked new and were very clean (and included a wall-mounted hair dryer, Neutrogena soap, and Bath & Body Works products), and the king bed was very comfortable.

Free WiFi worked very well.

Plenty of complimentary parking outside the hotel.

Although I didn't eat at the hotel, a friend stated that the food was quite good. Additionally, although I didn't use them, there was a nice indoor pool space, business center, and exercise room.

The hotel is located very close to major roads/highways and many shops and restaurants.

I highly recommend this hotel because of the friendly staff, reasonable cost, cleanliness, comfort, and convenience/proximity to many wedding/event venues. Definitely worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelDeer
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Recently stayed here for a weekend workshop. My roommate arrived early and while both of our names were on the reservation who ever checked her in, took my name off the room (and I booked it!). Was not too happy about that or that they put the full bill on her debit card when it should have gone on my card. However, they got me my key quickly and cleared up the bill when we checked out.
The rooms were clean, the beds comfy, but the pillows were awful. The downfall is the second night a group for a soccer tournament was staying and the parents let the kids run all over till very late in the night and you could hear the kids running up and down the hall and stomping around in their rooms. Wish management could have kept the noise down.
The set up for our workshop was great and the staff took very good care of us. Quickly coming in to handle a mic problem, or turning the heat down, filling our water for us.
Breakfast was decent. The service was good and you had a wide variety to choose from.
I'd definitely stay here again if I was in the area (I'd just bring my own pillow).

Room Tip: From what I heard, all of the rooms were equal.