“Courteous Staff, Nice Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Mystic, Connecticut
“Courteous Staff, Nice Hotel”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Recently stayed here for a weekend workshop. My roommate arrived early and while both of our names were on the reservation who ever checked her in, took my name off the room (and I booked it!). Was not too happy about that or that they put the full bill on her debit card when it should have gone on my card. However, they got me my key quickly and cleared up the bill when we checked out.
The rooms were clean, the beds comfy, but the pillows were awful. The downfall is the second night a group for a soccer tournament was staying and the parents let the kids run all over till very late in the night and you could hear the kids running up and down the hall and stomping around in their rooms. Wish management could have kept the noise down.
The set up for our workshop was great and the staff took very good care of us. Quickly coming in to handle a mic problem, or turning the heat down, filling our water for us.
Breakfast was decent. The service was good and you had a wide variety to choose from.
I'd definitely stay here again if I was in the area (I'd just bring my own pillow).

Room Tip: From what I heard, all of the rooms were equal.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 14, 2013

They are a little less common than Hampton Inn, but I do prefer Hilton Garden Inn when I can. This one was quite nice. Pool area was clean and seemed well tended, though I was alone in my use of it. Exercise room lacked a universal machine, featuring instead several treadmills and a rack of dumbells. I will stay here again when doing business in the area. Love the HGI beds too!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Absecon, New Jersey
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Courteous, professional staff greeted us and made us feel welcome. We were pleased to find an in-room safe. Good location. Very good breakfast for a reasonable price. Great assortment of tea along with coffee in the a.m. and cookies were available in the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the banquet facilities on the first floor. Set up noise and early attendees...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 25, 2013

At check- in the clerk was polite, efficient and welcoming. He even offered us a choice of Hilton Honors perks-- very much appreciated. Our room was a nice size, clean, and comfortable. The hotel has ample parking. The lobby has comfortable sitting areas and there is a small business center which is a convenience for those of us who don't carry a computer wherever we go. We would certainly go back again when we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here only for one night, but was still impressed. The staff at the front desk were very kind. The hotel itself was very up to date and clean. The design was elegant and the walk to the room was nice. The rooms were very clean. A typical hotel room with a bed, computer desk and chair, and an side chair and ottoman. There was even a little stand which housed a microwave, coffee maker and mini fridge. The bathroom was beautiful with a big granite sink counter. And a large stand in shower with glass doors. They even offer a continental breakfast buffet in the morning or an additional cost. The hotel is on a main road which offers anything you need an is right next to the Long Island Expressway which is great for travel. Overall the hotel was better then I expected and I would defend tell stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Aiavaro1
Orlando, FLorida
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We were there for an event in Melville and the hotel was clean updated and convenient. They called us a cab and when the cab did not show up in time the hotel s can took us. Also although it took a bit of time to get help in the business center they were very helpful and I would recommend it!

• Stayed January 2013
Long Island
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here during the blizzard. What a great hotel starting from the moment I walked through the door. The staff greated me warmly and check in was a breeze. I was offered complementary coffee and tea. My room was unbelieveably clean. The room was spacious and comfortable. Every hotel needs a shower like this one, glass doors, no dirty, mildew shower curtains. Plently of outlets to plug chargers in. Restaurant staff was friendly. Just note that the breakfast is not complementary, I made that mistake. I'm used to staying in Hampton Inn where the breakfast is complementary. The only drawback was they didn't have anyone to help dig me out, they did provide shovels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Melville Marriott Long Island
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Four Points by Sheraton
Four Points by Sheraton
#3 of 6 in Plainview
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Melville? Share your experiences!