Hilton Garden Inn Melville
  • Pool
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsfront desklong islandhilton gardenstarbucks coffeegreat hotelconvenient locationthe wait stafffamily weddingeasy accessbusiness tripwould definitely stay here againwedding blockbreakfast buffetnice stayfitness centeroff the highwaybusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I needed a hotel room for one night for a family function and was really pleased with this hotel. There is a cluster of hotels right there in Plainview and I wanted to try this one. The hotel looks very new, it was clean, the bed was comfy, the front desk staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. In the morning, on my way out, I got free coffee downstairs--looks like breakfast was available. I would stay here again, looks good for both business and personal travel. The only shortcoming was a shower stall. I don't know if that is an option to ask about but I was really looking forward to a tub. If that matters to you, I suggest calling--I was too tired to want to change rooms so I did not inquire once I got in and noticed the shower.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I like this HGI. Although it's one reward grade above another closer HGI, i chose this one based on the reviews. once i got there i realized i had been there before. It's a mile or so off the LIE, the hotel seems clean, and the room was fine for the most part. one interesting thing i found was some scribbling inside the shower on the tile along the wall. someone took a pencil or something and wrote their name lucas or lunas.... was rather odd. then the a piece of caulk along the shower floor came off when i coincidentally made contact with it.

still, the breakfast is good. service there was good actually. and most importantly, i got some much needed rest on a comfortable king size bed. i would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have to travel to Melville for work quite often and was always forced to stay at an overpriced, dated and tired Marriott. This time I discover this great property. Staff was fantastic, helpful, pleasant and funny. Rooms were new, clean, quiet and at a great value. Breakfast and bar were great as well. Choose this location for your next say on Long Island!

• Stayed: June 2011
HGI-GM-Melville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Melville, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear Rincena Travel,

Thank you so much for the kind words and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Melville for your trip.

We are glad that you found us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

If you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Peter Rooney

Reviewed June 24, 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn was a wonderful stay. The rooms are very clean and spacious with very comfortable beds, great night sleep.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating, upgrading the feeling of this hotel to a more luxurious class.
The location is central, right off the LIE (495).
The only disappointment was the pool as it looks to be a regular size pool on the website, when in fact it is no bigger than a large tub not at all as it appears in the photos on the hotel website.
We enjoyed our stay and will go back again if we have to spend time in the area. However, beware, if a pool is important for you, stay elsewhere instead.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
HGI-GM-Melville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Melville, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Dear Middleeasternfoodie,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments in regards to the staff and the overall hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Melville Long Island and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Our pool is a little on the small side, but the picture on the website is of our pool. The pool accomodates a capacity of 19 people. If you come stay with us again, please ask for myself and I will arrange for you to use one of our sister hotel pools which are larger.

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Peter Rooney,

Reviewed June 21, 2011

Due to a shortage of good affordable hotels in pricey Long Island, NY we were happy to have found this newer hotel in a good area near Old Bethpage just off the LIE between Melville and Plainview. Ample parking, nice lobby, very friendly staff. Used the indoor pool and gym. Restaurants and Diners would be within a few miles drive. Only minor problem was some elevator machinery noise during a second stay in a top floor room adjacent to the elevator, but front desk offered to move us to another room.

Room Tip: Avoid some rooms adjacent to elevator
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
HGI-GM-Melville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Melville, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Dear Askjens,

Thank you so much for the kind words and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Melville to be your home away from home.

We appreciate your comments and feedback.

Have a great day!!!