Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pittsford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Beautiful entrance way! Amazing oatmeal cookie bars, that i want the recipe for! Clean and quiet rooms. AMAZING customer service by the woman at the front desk. she went the extra mile whenever you needed something. love this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 15, 2013

very nice staff and room was immaculate. easy access of major highway. went for a run.. very close to canal system with park.. Bar staff was very friendly.. beds very comfortable and desk staff was great

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I travel about 15 days a month for work and I found this hotel to be in a nice location with a nice lobby with free water & coffee.

The Good:
1. Location, easy access to the interstate.
2. A restaurant
3. Hotel Bar
4. Free parking
5. Free wi-fi

The Bad:
1. There was a very tall, young male manager who was present in the bar/restaurant area who didn't treat employees well & came across as a hot head on multiple occasions. This was intimidating for the employees (you could feel the tension) and uncomfortable for the customers. I witnessed multiple situations myself.
2. Couldn't pre-order room service. You could call down for room service but couldn't pre-order for the next day.

All and all this was a good stay and I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This property does not appear to have been built to be a Hilton Garden. It is not a bad place but it does have a downstairs floor that feels like an add-on or otherwise second-rate. The staff was friendly and were helpful when arriving with a late check-in, I was checked into a room that had not been made up. It was not a good experience but they did offer to credit the night since no other room was available and a maintenance person "made up" the room. I have waited for over two months to write this review so that I would be able to assess my experience with the benefit of hindsight. Based on my experience, I'm not sure that I would stay here again but to be fair, they might have just had a bad day.

Room Tip: It would probably be a good idea to ask for a room that is not on the downstairs floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice hotel very clean and easy access to get to. We had no problems here. Good in room amenties. The pool was heated and comfortable and it had a great jacuzzi. Complimentary coffee and beberages in the lobby and a great bussiness center for any work you needed to do.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here as a family of four this past weekend (2 adults, a 3-year old and an infant). It's a nice hotel, clean, modern, helpful staff, but honestly for the rate we paid, I have stayed in places with much better amenities. I booked through Hotels.com, specifically reserved a 2 x Queen Bed room, and when I called to confirm late arrival, was told there was only a King room. That was fine, I asked for a cot to be put in the room before we arrived (we got there at 1am) but cot was not in room, thought it was brought quickly. Two other things stood out to me, the complimentary coffee and water in the lobby was 'out' several times when I stopped by over the days we were there. Small thing, but I would have thought this an easy thing to stay on top of. Other thing, the prices of items in the pantry are ridiculous - it just seems cheesy to charge people $4 for a $1 microwavable mac & cheese bowl ($6 for a bottle of juice, $2.50 for a box of tic-tacs...). Overall, Hilton was fine, but I probably would not chose it again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DBGBoston_MA
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had to go to a wedding in the area and the hotel was 200 ft from the reception (nice, right?lol) I gues this hotel just re-opened in May under the Hilton name. You would never know it! Everyone was so nice...I mean...EVERYONE!! The place is gorgeous; the rooms are all re-modeled, etc. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsford
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hampton Inn Rochester Penfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
4 mi away
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford? Share your experiences!