“A little bit of French (Canadian) in Pittsford”

Simply Crepes Cafe - Pittsford
Ranked #7 of 61 Restaurants in Pittsford
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A full service, "polished casual" restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Beer, wine, specialty coffees & frozen drinks, served year round! We take the mystery out of crepes by fusing a French Canadian crepe, family traditions and American classics. Catering options include box lunches, party platters and customized on site chef solutions to enjoy at your office or home! Bon Appetit!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A little bit of French (Canadian) in Pittsford”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friends & I were in Pittsford as a stopover during a bicycle trip along the Erie Canal. Wanting something a little different we chose this restaurant that evening. Although it was a Friday night we didn't have any trouble getting a table without a reservation. Our server had very good explanations of the featured wines & beers for the evening. Some of us tried the tomato basil soup which was good but not exceptional. A couple of us ordered the seafood crepe which was declared delicious. I had the crepe with ham, apple, brie, & apple butter. It was very good...something I don't think you would find easily in restaurants. We were all too full for dessert. Not sure if the empty tables made a difference, but our service was good & attentive unlike other reviews.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Madeleineluvstocycle

Pittsford, New York
“Vetoed”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I have been to this location several times, and had always enjoyed the food and ambience. But sadly, it seems they have really gone downhill. We had to wait quite a long time for our drinks and food. I ordered a breakfast crepe called Al's Eggs, but when it arrived it was completely devoid of eggs. I also found a little stick or something inside. The crepe was practically flavorless. We also ordered the Fried Pickles for an appetizer, which was the puniest appetizer you ever did see. Complete waste of money. We have "vetoed" the place and will never return. 'Tis a shame. The place used to be really good.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Todd M
Niagara Falls
“Brilliant Food!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise. The food is excellent. The menu is extensive and the service very high quality. All of this comes at a reasonable price.

Visited April 2013
“Will never go to this location again”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I work in hospitality and I have NEVER taken the time to write a negative review until now. the Canandaigua staff has always been wonderful.......so I am shocked. the absolutely most rude staff I have ever met. I was with my 90 year old aunt who wondered if they were picking the strawberries for her crepe in California. the sad part is.... we just wanted tho take her out for a nice lunch as she as been diagnosed
terminal. the food could have been 5 star but completely overshadowed by the service. I will never return to this location and tell every hotel I work with to beware of the treatment. the were beyond dismissive. the sad part is they probably are laughing at this review thinking we are just typical complainers. makes me sick to even write this review.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank wrk1930
Bellingham, Washington
“Simply terrible”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Five of us arrived with only three tables filled. We ordered coffee, 3 soups, and 5 crepe meals. The soups were ok. The service was terrible as we waited and waited for our food, only to find that the plates we saw sitting under the heat lamps for over 15 minutes were ours! The eggs Benedict had to be sent back as the yolks were hard. The breakfast crepe with side orders of meat came with no side orders. The vegetable crepes sat so long that the eggs had turned a discusting shade of gray/brown and depending on which side you were eating from, they were either warm or ice cold. The only thing that was fresh was the berry crepe that was made by a waitress just before serving. Even after the waitress was asked about our food, and she said it was ready under the heat lamps, she continued to get the orders and refill coffee for 3 other tables. Never did get a refill of water or ice tea. The locals assure me that this is unusual but I don't think I would ever waste my time again.

Visited June 2013