“Lovely day but nothing special from this service...”
Review of Quality Wine Tours

Quality Wine Tours
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Pittsford
More attraction details
Owner description: Quality Wine Tours has been providing Scenic, Fun & Tasteful wine tours since 1996 along the Seneca, Keuka , Cayuga & Canandaigua wine trails. We offer many nice B&B / Hotel packages for one or two couples. see our packages. Wine tour for two starts at $275.00 + tax & gratuity for the driver-guide 5 hour tour & tasting at about 5-6 wineries.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Definitely the best way to go wine tasting -- I appreciate that they pick up from the hotel instead of having to go to a meeting spot. The car was really nice and we packed in a lot of wineries during the day. Our driver Dave, was very nice but was very quiet and didn't seem to have a plan laid out for the day. I think he was trying to be open to whatever we wanted to do, but since we weren't from the area we could have used a bit more insight! We basically followed the passport, until I asked if there were any additional he recommended. Also we sort of didn't have the opportunity to eat lunch -- they said nothing was open even after we asked -- and there were no snacks provided. I found it to be pretty pricey, too, especially in the winter months.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Not only did our driver, Steve, take us to several wineries in a comfortable town car but he carried all our purchases (we're well stocked for the holidays), gave us a history of the region and waited patiently when our dinner ran a little bit over. I cannot imagine visiting the wineries in any other fashion. I am truly spoiled now.

2  Thank Kyle B
wineloverjill, Owner at Quality Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Hello Kyle,

Thank you for choosing our service, I am pleased that you had a wonderful time on your wine tour and enjoyed your day shopping and tasting wine along the wine trail. Please do contact us again, It will be our pleasure to serve you again.

Sincerely
Jim Havalack ( owner)

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Steve had a difficult task of making sure all six of us of varying personalities and interests had a good time-- while not everyone was as talkative on the trip as my boyfriend and I, we all appreciated Steve's friendly disposition, good humor and outlook on life, not to mention the awesome vineyards he took us too!!

I am sincerely thankful of his time, energy and spirit and will happily recommend and look forward to my next trip with quality wine tours, thank you so much!

3  Thank LisaR2012
wineloverjill, Owner at Quality Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2015

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for the nice letter about Steve. I am really happy to hear that your tour went well and that Steve provided you with a great experience. When you are in the Finger Lakes wine country please do look us up It will be our pleasure to provide you with a wine tour again.

Best,
Jim Havalack (owner)

Quality Wine & Brew Tours

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I found this while searching TripAdvisor under other categories then under an internet search engine, qualitywinetours.com. I did some research and comparisons then decided to call them. Jim the owner answered the phone and explained how it works. I made the decision to book a 6 hour tour and received an email with a simple contract to fill out and fax back.
There is no better way to do a wine tour in the Finger Lakes Region than this. We were picked up at our "Skaneateles Suite" by our driver Ron in a black Lincoln. The car was clean and there were snacks, bottled water and complimentary wine glasses. Ron was very knowledgeable about the area and wineries. Since this was our first time on a wine tour we were asked what type of wines we would like to focus on and Ron was “the man at the helm” guiding us on the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail.
We made our first stop at Montezuma Winery, after tasting we decided not to buy wine because it was a short run back if we decided to purchase and we did go back on our own the next day. Ron had mentioned a stop at Muranda Cheese Company, something that was not usually on the wine tour if we were interested. We decided it would complement our wine tour and we weren’t disappointed. We tasted some great cheese and wanted to purchase but the weather was hot and we didn’t have a cooler so we decided to drive back after our return to Montezuma the next day. We then stopped at Swedish Hill and tasted some wines and made our first purchase. Then we stopped at Goose Watch had a great time tasting and purchased more wine. Next was our favorite stop of the tour at Buttonwood Grove, this was a memorable experience. We had a great time meeting the owners and their dog, tasting and buying wines and feeding their cow Melody as Ron fed their goats with chips. Next stop was Sheldrake Point where we tasted and purchased again. Next was Lucas, we had fun tasting and as before we purchased even more wine. Lastly, Ron was good enough to let us have the few remaining moments to make one more stop at Thirsty Owl before we had to make the drive back to our suite, and just as before we purchased more wine.
Throughout the tour Ron was very personable and we had some great conversations, he made a point to open the door for my wife and when he saw us come out with wine each and every time he had the trunk open and put the bottles safely in cases. This was a memorable anniversary trip that I’m not sure I can top. This is a “must do” if you are interested in Finger Lakes Wine Tours.

9  Thank SieurdeCadillac
QualityFishersNY, Owner at Quality Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you for the nice letter about our service and our driver-guide Steve. It is always a pleasure to read the letters form our customers. I will pass along your letter to Steve I am sure he will enjoy reading your kinds words about him and the service he provided. Please do call us again! it will be our pleasure to provide with a tour again.

Sincerely