“Great food, great service, a bit noisy”

Pomodoro Grill and Wine Bar
Ranked #34 of 61 Restaurants in Pittsford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: French Road
Rochester NY
“Great food, great service, a bit noisy”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have just had my second visit to Pomodoro in Pittsford & both times LOVED the food. First visit I had pizza, and this time I ordered shish kebabs. the kebabs are quite big, and were cooked exactly as I requested. I really enjoyed the bread and salad that came with it, and the Tuscan bean soup is fabulous. Our server Jenna was just delightful, very attentive and friendly. Pomodoro is a bit on the pricey side, but it's worth it for a consistently pleasant experience. The only reason I don't give it five stars is that the place is very noisy. It's just the way it's constructed, nothing to do with particularly loud patrons or large crowds. And I agree with the previous reviewer who says that when there's live music, it's hard to have a conversation. I don't think they ought to have live music there at all, it does not add to the ambience, and the acoustics aren't great for the performer either. the sound is loud AND muddy.

I would recommend this for couples or groups, but probably not for families with young children.

• Visited September 2013

Fairport, New York
“Great as always”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Haven't been here since it was called Brio. Everything was excellent as I remembered, service was great, food was excellent, great wine list. The summer risoto was awesome. Reasonably priced too. I'll be back. The jazz band adds a nice touch and I didn't think it was too loud like the last reviewer.

• Visited September 2013
Pittsford, New York
“below expectation”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Recently I noticed that what used to be Brio is now Pomodoro. I've been to the original Pomodoro on University Avenue before and enjoyed the food there. This new location is more convenient so I took the family there on my daughter's birthday, promising her great food.

Well I was disappointed. The ambiance does well feel as welcome as the original Pomodoro. The food is below my expectation for the price and compared to my previous experience.

When we walked out, no one said anything like "have a good evening" or "thank you for coming".

Interestingly, the receipt still says "Brio" rather than Pomodoro. Did we get mislead by the name change? I also tried Brio before and was not impressed.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ACMMM00
Pittsford, New York
“Nice to Sit Outside”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This place has delicious food (love the salmon), and a nice atmosphere outside. The waitstaff is the best. It's a great place to go with friends on a warm evening. If I ranked it just for the outside, it would be "Excellent".
The big drawback is that it is SO LOUD inside....and when they have a musician, it makes polite conversation almost impossible....therefore, I have to give it an "Average" rating.

• Visited August 2013
Needham, Massachusetts
“Best Italian Restaurant I've been to....”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my second visit to Pomodoro's. It was as good as the first. The service was exceptional. The waitress was very attentive, making sure that everything was in order. Little things make the difference, like bringing me a soft drink refill before I had the chance to ask. We had crab cakes and the Triple hummus for appetizers. Full of flavor and well seasoned. We ordered the Penne Putanesca, Paella and the Roasted Red Pepper Tortellini. All the dishes were cooked to perfection. The 3 of us enjoyed our meal. The service and quality of the food are first rate. Whenever I visit Rochester this restaurant deserves a visit. 5 stars!!!!

• Visited July 2013