“Marriott Consistency” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pittsford
Andover, Massachusetts
“Marriott Consistency”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Near the airport, on the Erie Canal. Comfortable design, and very good service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
reno
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Older, basic hotel, not modern nor hip. It is adequate for a night of sleep. In cute town of Pittsford, but that is as most positive as I can report. The rest was bland.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank pickyreno
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our family stayed here while doing Rochester college visits. It is right down the road from Nazareth College and St. John Fisher and within 10 minutes of the University of Rochester and RIT. Pittsford is quaint little town with a beautiful walking/jogging path which runs along the hotel and into town. This hotel also has a spa but due to time constraints, we did not have time to take advantage of this. The only reason we didn't give the hotel a 5 star rating is due to the double beds...would have preferred 2 queen beds with a family of four.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sunnytravels29
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

I only stayed here one quick night while traveling but I was happy with every minute I spent in this hotel. Parking was free and convenient. Only when I left in the morning did I appreciate all it had to offer. I didn't have a great view but I think that is a function of how its tucked in to this little town and sits along the canal. The room was comfortable with a great leather club chair. Bathroom was very clean and felt luxurious. I ordered room service and was very happy with the dinner and the service.
When I checked out I noticed a nice little patio area off the lobby and then I saw how close the canal was and wished I had time to sit or walk along the water. Same for the little town. This is definitely not a cookie-cutter hotel. It had the feel of a B&B.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

We chose to stay here for a wedding and was so glad we did. We had a wedding discount and although they said they couldn't give it to us a third night - they did! We arrived late after a day of travel to find the room very welcoming with lighting and tv on, and a comfy bed with lots of pillows. The location along the canal with restaurants across the street was perfect. Didn't go to the grill cafe, but did love the restaurants - as Simply Crepes across the street. Starbucks and the best pizza and wings also around the corner. Even the bride and groom stayed here and before leaving - a friend and I made it to the Spa which was wonderful. Had a lovely massaage before my day of plane travel. Everyone here was pleasant, helpful, and accomodating allowing me to stay a little longer with a late check-out. Room was so quiet and even had it's own doorbell. One day I placed the privacy sign on door by mistake, but housekeeping cleaned it as soon as I went out again. Coffees, teas, newspapers in lobby. Indoor pool and jaccuzzi was also wonderful.. Everything was right here - no need to leave. In fact I met a local couple here that won the room for the weekend. It was truly the perfect weekend getaway!

Room Tip: check out the spa
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Butler, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

We enjoyed our stay on August 26 - 28. All in all, the room was very nice but small and the service was exceptional.
I think a few things could be improved upon. Being a Gold member, I was a little disappointed we were not assigned a room on the top floor and away from the elevators, as requested. We were assigned Room #114 (if I remember correctly), which was around the corner from the lobby and gathering area. When we saw the location, I returned to the front desk and requested to be moved as I am a light sleeper and wanted a quieter room. We were moved to Room #133, which was fine.
Upon entering, we noticed there was still trash in the basket near the desk, but that is just an oversight of housekeeping and no big deal. Also, the bathroom had no towel racks...none. There was absolutely nowhere to hang your towel except over the shower rod or behind the door on the hook. I even asked the front desk in passing if that was the case in all the rooms and they were unable to answer.
On another note, I was told that a bottle of wine and cheese plate would be delivered to our room for my birthday, which was extremely nice. I requested it be delivered at 5 p.m. We waited until 5:30 and then called the front desk and asked if possibly it could have been delivered to the first room we were assigned, and that's exactly what happened. Within a few minutes it was delivered to our door. The chardonnay was very nice and cheeses were tasty.
We ate breakfast two times and dinner once at the Erie Grille on site. We both felt there should have been a hostess to seat the guests during breakfast hours, as we waited over five minutes for a waiter to notice and seat us each day with several tables available. We also observed the same thing happening to other guests. There was no such problem at dinner and it was exceptional.
I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a concierge on duty. We did not see one for the entire visit. We were also surprised there were not leaflets of things to see and do in the area. It would have been nice to have suggestions as to local events, wineries, museums, etc.
Our room was directly beside the Monterey Suite. Late Saturday night, our neighbors were having a very loud party with their door OPEN. I finally called the front desk around 12:30 a.m. and within a few minutes, the staff took care of the situation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

Our family stayed here for 2 nights while dropping our son off to college in the area. What a beautiful place to take walks, eat at nearby restaurants and still be able to take car jaunts to and fro around town. The hotel was very responsive to our needs including non-down pillows and having adjacent rooms. Their pool and hot tub is small and intimate, but not that many people go there to use those facilities so we had fun swimming and enjoying each other's company in essentially a private pool.

The only reason that we don't give this an excellent 5 star rating is due to the noisy air vent system which kept me awake one of the nights. Our son's neighboring room didn't have near the same amount of noise associated with their cooling system so I switched rooms and had a much better sleep the second night.

We will definitely plan on returning the next time we have a need to visit the Rochester area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsford
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield
The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Inn On Broadway
Inn On Broadway
#21 of 31 in Rochester

Been to The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!