“Wedding done so right!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pittsford
Spencerport, New York
“Wedding done so right!”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The pleasure was all ours! The wedding ceremony and reception were all at this hotel. The wedding took place in a private garden area, well laid out with patio and a 2 ft stone wall around parts of the path. Perfect for 60 or less guests. The staff were dedicated and very nice as they moved the guests throughout the event. A cocktail reception was held in the terrace garden area a little smaller than the first garden, but cocktails and delightful snacks. The reception was held in a large room up the stairs, (love those that staircase by the way!). 7 round tables of 10, perfect spacing, again the staff did not fail to serve, as each course was spaced perfectly, hot and delicious, and so relaxing! They take all the responsibility for the day...sit back and relax

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2011

What a perfect place for a weekend getaway! I made the reservations online and requested an early check-in and had no problems arriving at 11:00 am on Friday. On Saturday afternoon we requested a late check-out for Sunday and was offered 3:00 pm. .

Hubbie and I were spending the weekend doing some day trips cycling along the Erie Canal Way Trail and we also tried part of the Greenway Trail down to Scottsville. The location of the hotel is perfect as the Erie Canalway trail is literally at the back doorstep. The front desk always made fetching our bikes from storage a priority when we arrived in the lobby and took care of storing them when we returned.

The room was nicely decorated, clean and the mattress was great quality. Great in-room temperature control and a/c. We stayed on the second floor so the only annoyance was that the ice machine was on the main floor just off the lobby which was a bit of a hike.
We enjoyed the heated indoor pool which I thought was a little too warm and the hot tub after our bike rides.

We also visited the Erie Grille, the hotel's restaurant. They had a typically excellent 4-diamond menu, but added some great dinner specials as well. I enjoyed the Canadian walleye entree. We visited again for breakfast the following morning and were lucky to get a table so it might be advisable to make reservations. Try the Eggs Del Monte!

The hotel is walking distance to Schoen Place, a collection of businesses, mainly restaurants, right along the canal. Visit Aladdin's for a great casual canalside experience. There's also a wine boutique and importantly for us, Towpath Bike Shop. Pittsford Dairy is directly across from the hotel where you can find many varieties of milk and ice-cream. The chocolate milk was amazing!

All in all, staying at this hotel was a great vacation experience that I'd love to repeat!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I don't think the point here is to compare the Del Monte to a Ritz, Four Seasons, etc. You really can't even compare it to other Renaissance properties. This is a wonderful "boutique" hotel where everything is nearly perfect.

The staff is outstanding and the rooms extremely comfortable. We love the restaurant and bar. (fine selection of single malts)

I rarely use hotel pools (non resort) as they either are filthy or stink of
chlorine. Like everything else at the Del Monte, the pool is clean and refreshing.

I wish I got to Rochester more often-this is a favorite!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank acc866
Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We celebrated our engagement with a night at the Del Monte. After spa treatments, we enjoyed a drink at the Erie Grill bar before dinner. Patrick, the bartender, overheard us talking about the engagment. He quickly wished us a warm congratulations and offered glasses of champagne on the house.

Our room was spotless and the bed incredibly comfortable. The spa is the best in Rochester and worth a trip even if you aren't staying at the hotel. We enjoyed breakfast the next morning in the Erie Grill. Service was excellent, and the little touches like champagne at the bar made the weekend extra special.

We are local and will come back for a recharging weekend in the future. We also plan on recommending this hotel to wedding guests later this year.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ktjacus
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I was so impressed by everything from the attentive service to the gorgeous decor in both the public areas and the rooms. Room service was quick and the food was great. The a/c doesn't go below 65 degrees, but the room windows open, so I was able to get all the fresh air I wanted. I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LaughsaLot8675309
Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed January 15, 2011

This was the third time I stayed here and I wasn't disappointed. The hotel is elegant, yet warm and welcoming. Rooms are well furnished and the bathrooms are large and updated. The staff really go out of their way to be helpful. I was with a group of friends attending a celebration in Rochester, and the shuttle service provided by the hotel was invaluable. We were able to reserve pick up and drop off times to attend a function, as well as to and from the airport. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant and the food was delicious. Pittsford is a quaint and lovely little town, with shopping and restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. I highly recommend the Del Monte - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank CarolS0417
Bloomingburg, New York
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Stayed here for one night this last week, and actually was wishing my business trip was longer because of this fantastic place.
I arrived around noontime and they apologized for not having my room ready yet, sunk they were upgrading me to a suite due to my platinum status. They promptly called a few hrs later when it was ready, and I must say it was one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. Service was outstanding, and staff wad extremely cute!

This will be my only hotel from now on when I'm in the area.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsford
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown

Been to The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!