The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pittsford
Amawalk, NY
“Great Service”
Reviewed October 2, 2007

My wife and I frequently stay at this hotel when in the Rochester area and have yet to have a bad experience. I concur with the previous reviews on the comfort of the bedding. The rooms actually have a doorbell. The town is very quaint, and the area is excellent for a nice walk in the morning. We finally took advantage of the adjacent bike path on the last visit (rental nearby) and it was a very good experience. There are also canal boat rides very close. The exercise room is very small, but they do offer passes to a larger heath club. There is an excellent full service spa attached to the hotel. Good selection of restaurants within walking distance. Great choice for a getaway weekend.

• Liked — Great service
  • Disliked — Small exercise room/pool
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Detroit, MI
Reviewed August 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Del Monte for two nights to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary, while we toured the Finger Lakes area of upstate NY. While we chose this property because of the good reviews on this web site, we will return there because of the accomodations, and the five star service!
We are Marriott rewards silver members, and Todd Plouffe, the general manager, upgraded us to a beautiful suite when I asked if we could get an upgraded room. Furthermore, upon our return from dinner one evening there was a complimentary bottle of Champaigne and chocolate covered strawberries for us in the suite! The entire staff obviously enjoy their job and are very good at what they do. We later learned that this property had been named "property of the year" by Marriott.
Experience like this is what keeps us loyal to Marriott.

• Liked — Staff, accomodations
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed August 19, 2007

Service was fantastic and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I highly recc. this treasure in a quaint upstate town!

• Liked — The comfortable beds!
  • Disliked — Difficult to make reservation
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2007

I stayed at the Renaissance Del Monte Lodge from 6/29 - 7/3/07, on the recommendation of a friend from the area. I'm a Marriott Rewards member, and frequently stay at Marriott properties. The Del Monte had the cleanest, quietest and had most comfortable room of any I've stayed at previously. The staff was especially friendly, courteous and helpful. I used this property as a base to do some exploring around the Lake Ontario area and Finger Lake region. Ideal central location for my purpose, but also for anyone visiting the greater Rochester area.

• Liked — Clean, very comfortable and very quiet rooms
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
New York
Reviewed November 14, 2006

My daughter (16) and I stayed at the Del Monte Lodge for 2 nights during a weekend in October, 2006. The hotel rooms are fine, quite basic...I'm sure they all are exactly the same, but clean and well taken care of. We did not eat at the hotel other than quick bite to eat via room service in the morning, and the food came as ordered and on time. They also have free coffee in the morning in the lobby which was a really nice touch. I used the very small exercise room which was OK since I was in there alone, but the equipment worked, the TV worked, so I was happy.

The service at this hotel is very, very good, and this is what separates this hotel from any other of its kind. Whatever we asked for we received, with a smile.

However, the one other thing that needs to be said is about the location of this hotel. There are train tracks really near and freight trains are rumbling through at least every hour, all day and all night. The first night I was woken up over and over by the trains. I asked for a fan for the second night, and that deadened the noise. That night I did occasionally feel the rumble of the passing trains, but I did not really hear them. I had asked for a quiet room when I made my reservation, and I question if there is any room in this hotel where you could not hear these trains, as our room was not directly facing the tracks.

Lastly, Pittsford is an adorable little town. We enjoyed two dinners out in town which were delicious, and there are some very cute shops for browsing and shopping. Net/net, this is a fine hotel, but bring (or ask for) a big fan if you come!

• Liked — Servic
  • Disliked — Location, noise of train tracks.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank lovetogoonvacations
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed November 9, 2006

We arrived at about 9pm, and were checked-in within minutes. The staff had previously set up a crib for us, so it was easy to settle in. The railroad noise did not bother us. The room was a bit small, but nicely appointed and very clean. The pool heater was not working correctly, but the staff were working on correcting this. The hotel itself is beautiful and everyone was very helpful and friendly. The bike path along the canal is next to the hotel, and the setting was lovely. I would definately return.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank saratogahome
calif
Reviewed September 18, 2006

A great location in the middle of the cute Village of Pittsford. Lots of restaurants and quaint shops within easy walking. Staff was friendly and accomodating and rooms were comfortable, although the bathroom was very small. The only real problem with our room was that the train track is within a few hundred yards of the hotel and our room faced it. Each night we were treated to the sounds of 2 or 3 trains.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rooms facing railroad tracks
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a room away from the RR tracks
  • Stayed September 2006
1 Thank Bigpenny34
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsford
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown

Been to The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!