“Terrible service”

Ranked #14 of 61 Restaurants in Pittsford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Main Street
Description: Inspired by the cuisine of California"s Napa and Sonoma Valleys and their annual Mustard Festival, Label 7 has been serving excellence on the canal-side since 2008. Full Bar, with a beautiful dinning room, there is no better place than Label 7 for your fine dining experience.
“Terrible service”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My friend and I decided to try out Label 7 this past Friday (5/17/13) at 6pm after a 'girls day out shopping'. We were seated promptly, water was poured and then no one ever came to our table. It wasn't at all busy (only 3-4 tables were full...many were empty). Plenty of wait staff walking around, looking our way but no one approached our table. We got up and left. As we walked out, the hostess smiled and said good night (was not even aware of our experience until we told her on our way out - she then looked horrified). We went next door to Olives and had an excellent meal.

Visited May 2013
6 Thank LaurenL673

Rochester, New York
“Good enough that I'd come back”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I tried Label 7 for the first time this past weekend, having been told we needed to check it out if for no other reason than the fried chicken and waffle dish they serve. Although the restaurant was noisy enough to occasionally be a distraction, it wasn't so noisy that we had to yell to hear each other (as was the case at 2vine). Our server was friendly and prompt, with the exception of the time it took for our appetizer to come (we waited a solid 20-30 minutes from the time we ordered until the app came, though after that all subsequent food arrived promptly). The tasting board, at $15, was a bit of a disappointment. The chips and guacamole were the best part, and although the board was attractively arranged, it lacked any one component that could justify the high price relative to the rest of the menu (neither of our entree's cost more than the tasting board). After the tasting board our "Angry Caesar Salads" arrived, which were reasonably priced ($5) but lacking any real imagination. The presentation was plain (just served in a small bowl, nothing really unique) and the salads themselves were only mediocre. At this point we were starting to prepare for a disappointing main course, but luckily we were served very generous portions of delightfully delicious dinner fare. My oversized waffle came with two large pieces of boneless fried chicken atop it, which was enough to leave me quite full and still have leftovers for breakfast the next morning (reheated in the toaster oven the next morning was a great way to start the day). My wife's burger was large enough that she could only finish half of it, and the very generous portion of garlic fries were a perfect accompaniment. She enjoyed her leftovers for lunch the next day, so in essence we each got two meals from our entrees.

All in all the entrees were good enough and reasonably priced enough ($15 for chicken/waffles, $12 for burger/fries) that we'd come back again. Next time I think we'd split a different appetizer and skip the salads altogether. If you've never been here before, do yourself a favor and try the chicken & waffles - you won't regret it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ADK46erMG
New York
“Very nice!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We enjoyed the decor, ambiance, service, food and wine. Convenient parking too. The mussels were outstanding - great broth and crusty bread accompany the dish. If you like mussels, they are a MUST! The chicken, rice, slaw dinner was very good too. Will definitely return.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank softautumn
Victor, New York, United States
“A nice dinner with friends”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I recently met another couple for dinner at Label 7. The food was fantastic! I highly recommend the enchilada. It was a very busy night there, but the service was quite good.

• Visited February 2013
Rochester, New York
“The 5th time to label 7”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The service was good as usual. The food is usually very good . We were disappointed at the new menu, as it may be good for lunch but not a sit down dinner. I had the asian pasta dish with pork and shrimp,it was very salty...unreasonably salty and I like salt. My friend had a beef dish that came with fries mixed in a bowl he said it was all starch ..very disappointing for the price. The ribs were very pricey for what you get,said another diner at my table..all in all we had a good time. I wonder if he new menu will be well received,it's very limited and too casual for what has come to be expected of Label 7

• Visited February 2013