“Colonial Inn - skiing”

The Belleayre Beach at Belleayre Mountain
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My kids had a blast skiing. My 11 year old had was in 10 - 3:30 camp, which she enjoyed very much. My 15 year old son was skiing on his own.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The name of this place seems to be a little conflicted as it is called Pine Hill Lake as shown in the pictures but is called the Beach at Belleayre on the website. This used to be Pine Hill Lake years ago before the damn broke and it caused a flood. There was also an old hotel on the site that burned down sometime in the 70's which I think accounts for the fountain.

We used to live in this area but this was not yet built. We had a family reunion at the facility and it is a beautiful facility. It does cost $8 a car load to get in. I would however not hold a family reunion here if most of the people are elderly since the picnic pavilions are up on a hill overlooking everything while the bath house/bathrooms are at the bottom by the beach.

The beach is beautiful, they brought in a great sand, and there are life guards on duty. They have horse shoe pits, a volleyball court set up and a playground for the kids. I know if we lived up here we would definitely be using this facility a great deal. They have some hiking trails too. They have two picnic pavilions for rental and they are beautiful and have running water at each of them. Fantastic place.

2  Thank OBX717