“Left Early”
Review of Belleayre Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Hill
Belleayre Lodge
San Diego, California
“Left Early”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Decided to take a weekend getaway from the City and do a little skiing, and chose Belleayre as they're less crowded than Hunter. Now I understand it's been a very warm winter, but there was absolutely no snow on the ground anywhere in Pine Hill, and the only snow that Belleayre mountain had was man-made. So, fair warning if you're coming up for skiing.

As far as this "cabin" goes, it's a rustic and extremely dated. We saw a few bugs, there was mold and peeling wall paper and no sink in the bathroom. Not to mention the Inn Keeper was not very friendly. I called to let them know we would be arriving late, as their website states, and was told the porch light for my cabin would be left on. Whatever happened to just leaving the keys under the mat? I had to send my boyfriend in when we arrived as I was afraid someone could have been in there since the place was left unlocked. After arriving late on Friday evening, we crashed and got up early to ski. After coming back exhausted from a day of skiing, I just couldn't relax there and decided to head home early. They have a two night minimum, so payment was already set, but I just couldn't stay any longer. It felt dirty and there was an overwhelming smell of air freshener.

Another note about Pine Hill, there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING around. No restaurants, bars, anything. I wanted a getaway but this was too secluded. Had we not gotten fast food on the way up, I would not have eaten that night. And while their kitchens are stocked, they don't have microwaves, so I couldn't even heat up my food. If you like camping, then you may like this establishment, but if not then you'll probably find yourself leaving early like we did.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank petfriendlytravels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Me and my friends supposed to come there for 2 days to have a great time and we were so excited to go.So I was trying to confirm the reservation and get some information.But nobody ever picks up the phone...But after a while Dan picked up ,but in the middle of conversation he just hang up the phone!Then I emailed them and he said he didn't even have to
Pick up the phone cause he was late to family dinner!What kind of hospitality service is that..He answered my questions tho ,in fact in very rude manner.Anyway I closed my eyes and didn't say anything because I didn't want to mess up my mood before the trip.The last night before the day we supposed to go there Dan sent me an email saying that "he spoke to the boss and decided that their place in not for us and they cancelled my reservation"How rediculous is that?!I was so panic,cause we all were ready to go,it was like just few hours left.
And now I'm so thankful for all that mess:))))Cause the same night we found a wonderful huge house ,way better than what we were going to get at the place mentioned above))So the very next morning were already at this wonderful place.And it's just amazing!
So happy we didn't go to "belleayre lodge and cabins"

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Definitely N
BelleayreLodge, Manager at Belleayre Lodge, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
As the new innkeepers of Belleayre Lodge & Cabins, it breaks our hearts to read your review. We’d like to announce that the old innkeeper, Dan, is no longer working here. There are many exciting projects in the works for this property and we hope that you check out our new website and Facebook pages for more details to come! If you find your way to our neck of the woods we hope that you give us another try. We’d love to take care of you! -Amanda & Joe, Innkeepers of Belleayre Lodge & Cabins
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My sister and I and our dog were very excited to have a getaway at the lodge, unfortunately were unable to even check in! I booked the cabin, paid my deposit, and even e-mailed back and forth with Dan, the owner, regarding details of the cabin to know what to bring. However when we arrived at 1:45pm on the day of our reservation there was not a single person at the property. It looked deserted! We made numerous phone calls over the next 2 hours trying to gain access to the cabin we had already paid for with no response. We finally decided to try to find another cabin and had to travel to Hunter, NY. It is a good thing we did, no one returned my call until 7:15pm in the evening. It has been 5 days and I am still trying to get someone to answer the phone or an email regarding a refund of the deposit!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank srkcrk
Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We were excited to stay at the Belleayre Lodge and Cabins. I fired off an email to Dan the Innkeeper and he confirmed that there was space available on the weekend we wanted.

Phone calls followed, reservations were made, a deposit was given. But then Dan called up two weeks before our trip asking where we were. Turns out he booked us two weeks early and insisted it was our fault -- despite the fact that we had emails showing the dates we requested. He wouldn't rebook us for the correct weekend because he was so upset.

So, I think we would have liked the Belleayre Lodge and Cabins, but we learned a lesson that a confirmation email is a really good thing for both the customer and the business. In this case, Dan the Innkeeper got his dates switched and we suffered.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank TDYguy
NYC
Reviewed January 29, 2010

Like the other reviewers, it was my first time at Belleayre lodge, and I loved it. I stayed with friends at the large cabin on top of the hill. It was great! we cooked outside on the grill (even in the freezing cold) and warmed ourselves with hot cocoa by the gas fired fireplace in the cabin. It was like having your own ski condo without the hassles. Less than 5 minutes from the mountain, and feels like a world away from NYC! Great time!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank sash2399
New Jersey
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Like previous reviewer stayed in cabin #2. Tight but had everything you need. Saved money by cooking in cabin to make up for $200 day at Belleayre mountain skiing! There was a few inches of snow on the ground, and we got a dusting everyday we were there - it was bitter cold last night and cabin stayed toasty. Would recommend hike (up hill behind rec center to train tracks then left once you hit tracks) to Belleayre beach. About 45 minute walk (in snow), nice scenic trip. Did not eat at either of the restaurants in Pine Hill so no review.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Went skiing in January . Stayed in cabin 2. There was everything in this cabin; it was like being in a furnished NY studio apartment. There was even a faucet water filter. The shower had good pressure. There was a kitchen with everything you would need:stove, dishes, pots, utensils. Everything was spotless. The heat was good. There was a color TV. The person running the place, Dan, was an encyclopedia of information and very welcoming. I had run out of batteries for my camera and he came up with a pack- gratis. Belleayre skiing was about 3 minutes away by car. The cabin was one of several . There was also a recreation building with a nonreg pool table, records, video tapes, table tennis. We liked the electric hockey table game. I really liked the upright piano. It was old and somewhat out of tune but the action was good and it had a good tone and it was fun to play-. This was not your standard fancy place but it was really cozy, comfortable, clean, and really well located for skiing. Pine Hill town was at the bottom of the hill. It is a very well run place and had a great time.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
The Alpine Inn
The Alpine Inn
#2 of 2 in Oliverea
Slide Mountain Forest House

Been to Belleayre Lodge? Share your experiences!