All reviews life changing ron and julie weight loss de stress exercise classes life style juices and smoothies certain foods stretch classes her husband lbs program nutrition health results pounds retreat
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I went with a friend to Birchcreek to jumpstart my way to a healthier lifestyle and to begin to lose a little weight. The staff were very welcoming and I felt right at home. We learned a lot, exercised a lot and relaxed.... all while losing weight. The spa services were fantastic! I am back less than a week and have continued the juicing program. I intend to apply the principles I learned at Birchcreek from this time forward.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Excellent place to do a juice fast, lose weight, and gain a new perspective. You enter a home when you go to Birchcreek and they take care of you like a family member. Always encouraging, but plenty of space and privacy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank MaryBeth30
Reviewed July 2, 2010

My experience at Birchcreek was absolutely incredible. Birchcreek is first and foremost a diet/detox center located just off the main road on a beautiful wooded property right next to a stream. While the aged facility is pretty typical for the Catskills, the program is not. In fact the program is not typical at all. Let me explain.
As it happened, I had blood work done before I came to Birchcreek. I decided to have the same blood work done after I returned home from the month long program there.
In one month, I lost 34 lbs; reduced my cholesterol 32 points; reduced my triglycerides by 42 points; reduced my glucose by 20 points... just to name a few results. And for all you who are part of the "protein police" who maintain you "need" meat protein, my levels of protein were only slightly lower than they were when I began. All this while eating a plant based diet and juicing fruits and vegetables.
The program at Birchcreek is effective because it is something anyone can do.... and they teach you how to do it. The seminars deal with the why and the cooking and education classes deal with the how. The meals and the total experience deal with the fact that if you will do it, it works. It's that simple.
In the first two lectures I received an explanation of what I have been experiencing for years. It was why I found weight loss so difficult. Not one doctor, dietician, nor nutritionist had ever given me anything but the standard, "you simply have to burn more calories than you take in" mantra. Eat the SAD (Standard American Diet) in smaller portions and you will loose weight. I'm sorry, but some of us don't. Something is going on in our bodies for which we have no control that shuts that process down. That would be the anatomic system that is desperately trying to keep up with the stressed biology in the body.
In my case, it took almost the full 4 weeks to reset my metabolic system.
After coming home, I have continued on the "program" and have continued to drop additional weight. This is good because I have additional weight to loose.
In conclusion if you are tired of going around in circles with your diet and want a comprehensive program that really works, then Birchcreek could be for you. You will find that the staff is excellent, professional, personable and approaches each persons situation individually. It's not the posh and the plush that brings people back. It is the personal love, concern and commitment to nutritional excellence that brings clients back again and again. I can not recommend this program more highly.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Dorcale
Reviewed June 24, 2010

It was a Spa to juice and lose weight and that is what we did. The staff were lovely.
The house is a big old home that needs work. The setting was great for walking and hiking.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Birchcreek is not kidding when they advertise a 7-Day Jump Start! I recently spent a week at this beautiful and relaxing weight loss retreat in the Catskills and came away totally rejuvenated. It was just the right balance of seminars packed with useful information on nutrition and biology; a variety of exercise classes including, yoga, pilates, water aerobics, plyometrics and cardio boxing; hands-on workshops on juicing and healthy eating; and even a field trip to a health food store. In between activities, there was plenty of time to rest, recharge and de-stress. Yes, I lost 10 pounds from the juice fast, but that wasn’t the true value of my week there. I came away with the tools, knowledge and commitment to keep my new healthy lifestyle going forward. The directors of the program and their caring staff are very invested in each guest and their individual success. Their favorite question: “How’s that working for you?” leads you to pause and reflect on your current eating/exercise habits and, in my case, the answer was: They’re not working for me at all! But they are now….thanks to Birchcreek. I would wholeheartedly recommend Birchcreek to anyone stuck in a rut and looking to make a healthy change. Having 7 days away from everyday temptations and routines and immersing myself in a peaceful, nurturing, physically active and nutritious environment in the middle of the woods was the best thing I have ever done for myself!

• Stayed: June 2010