All reviewslife changingron and julieweight lossde stressexercise classeslife stylejuices and smoothiescertain foodsstretch classesher husbandlbsprogramnutritionhealthresultspoundsretreat
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

I spent 6 days at Jump Start and absolutely loved it! I lead a very busy high stress life and this was the perfect way to detox, de-stress, and get a great jump on weight loss. I was able to stay on the program when I got home and gave now lost ten pounds in ten days. More importantly, I feel stronger and younger than I have in years! Julie was fantastic at encouraging me to stretch myself. I couldn't be happier with how I spent that time and money!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Suzanne H
Reviewed May 2, 2017

I had a lovely week at Jumpstart. Julie is one of the nicest people I've ever met. She is warm and encouraging but also practical and calls a spade a spade. So when you discuss past eating habits with her, she is wonderful at telling you what you can modify or alter and what you quite simply should never do again!

For me personally I wouldn't have minded the workout classes being a little more strenuous, but having said that your body goes through phases when fasting and one certain days even the gentle yoga class seemed tiring!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank nadacolada
Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

This has been the adventure of my life.....I came here to detox my life away from FOOD.... After 24 years of struggling to lose 10, 20, 35, 42, & now 58 pounds.....I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE PLACE.... RIGHT HERE, JUMP START!!!!! Food became a DRUG for me, I became a prisoner of food and I told my family I'm checking myself into a food rehab institution, lol. I referred Jump Start as a rehab for addiction to food. The past 4 years I had been researching for a place to go where I can change my mindset and lifestyle. My friend suggested I come here because he's​ had personal experience here. I came March 20th and I will leave April 14th. In 16 days I can walk 5 miles up and down hills in the rain and snow, I drink 1 gallon of water, I am sooooo happy and upbeat, I can run for 1 mile without stopping, etc etc etc..... Not to mention, I lost 11.2 pounds within the first 7 days I was here. I can go on and on and on....But one thing I want to emphasize..... When u leave here you will have a healthy relationship with food....Food is NO LONGER MY DRUG OUT MY ENEMY.... THANK YOU RON AND JULIE FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO..... GOOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE STAFF

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2017

I recently spent seven wonderful days with Julie and her husband Ron (very well- informed nutritionists), who offer a highly worthwhile opportunity to learn the simple steps necessary to get control of our health. The place is cozy, decorated in good taste; the juices and smoothies satisfy the appetite amazingly, and the long morning walks are invigorating. The yoga, pilates and stretch classes along with lectures on what goes on in the body when we eat certain foods, and the informative and fun-filled raw recipe classes make for a genuinely positive experience. I weighed 180 pounds when i arrived, and left 7 days later, weighing 171.8. I am grateful to have met these two very well-informed lovely people, and recommend the experience to anyone serious about losing weight and becoming healthy for life.
I

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank lindamishkinp
Reviewed March 19, 2017

Recently completed 7 days at the retreat. All 7 days filled with detox drinks, juices , exercise, lectures and rest. Everyone from the owners, staff and instructors were great. The experience was truly life changing. Not only was my weight loss in the double digits my mind and heart got some healing. I look forward to returning and highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends