All reviews life changing lose weight ron and julie lost lbs birch creek exercise classes de stress life style surrounded by nature daily walk junk food stretch classes canyon ranch program nutrition health results
Reviewed April 2, 2017

I recently spent seven wonderful days with Julie and her husband Ron (very well- informed nutritionists), who offer a highly worthwhile opportunity to learn the simple steps necessary to get control of our health. The place is cozy, decorated in good taste; the juices and smoothies satisfy the appetite amazingly, and the long morning walks are invigorating. The yoga, pilates and stretch classes along with lectures on what goes on in the body when we eat certain foods, and the informative and fun-filled raw recipe classes make for a genuinely positive experience. I weighed 180 pounds when i arrived, and left 7 days later, weighing 171.8. I am grateful to have met these two very well-informed lovely people, and recommend the experience to anyone serious about losing weight and becoming healthy for life.
I

Date of stay: April 2017
2  Thank lindamishkinp
Reviewed March 19, 2017

Recently completed 7 days at the retreat. All 7 days filled with detox drinks, juices , exercise, lectures and rest. Everyone from the owners, staff and instructors were great. The experience was truly life changing. Not only was my weight loss in the double digits my mind and heart got some healing. I look forward to returning and highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Jayme K
Reviewed February 2, 2017

Thank the gods for this place! OK, I am a single mom, run a very labor intensive business (work about 12-14 hours a day on average), and just needed a place to GET AWAY, stop the chatter, unplug for a bit, and b-r-e-a-t-h-e.

Only a couple hours from NYC by Amtrak or Trailways bus, I booked round-the-clock sitters for my 6yo, dispatched a dozen to-do lists for them and my co-workers, and got the heck out of town. As the train pulled away from the station, I could hear the cacophony of needy voices, service requests, client emails, staff issues, PTA newsletters ... all of it just faded away as the train rolled along the Hudson river, transporting me to, i don't know what. A pretty little B and B nestled in the mountains, surrounded by trees and clean mountain air? A buzzing place full of energetic, effervescent people ruddy from the morning's brisk hike?

I didn't know what to expect, I only knew I was exhausted, burned out, my throat was shot, I was coughing and hacking from the week's lovely virus brought home by my 1st grader, and I decided - I am going to rest my voice and I am not going to speak to anyone.

Most guests who stay at Jump Start are probably looking to lose weight and get healthier. That wasn't my deal, I'd like to gain weight if anything, but there's no body on this planet can't benefit from a good detox.

It's true that they don't serve any meals. At least not with this program. Fruit and Vegetable juices (made fresh each day, absolutely yummy), satisfying, rich smoothies, nut milks, veggie broth - we even learned how to make homemade "ice cream" by juicing frozen fruit! Everything was delicious and super healthy. I can't imagine someone NOT losing weight here. There are optional round the clock exercise classes, an invigorating morning hike (I was grumpy and groggy at first but quickly grew to look forward to this "jump start" of the Jump Start program.

All of the activities are developed with YOUR HEALTH and DETOX in mind, but they are optional. You can leave the premises and explore the nearby town, go out to eat, shop or ski, or whatever your fancy. Or, you can be Total Miss Program and do all the classes, talks, hikes, breathing exercises. Everyone I met who works here was wonderful, positive, supportive and very happy - contagiously so.

A word about the owners, Julie and Ron. They are special people. inspiring, real, warm, funny and superlative hosts.

If you visit this place, read all the documents they send beforehand so you are not surprised by the juices and such. I assure you, whether to lose weight, catch up on sleep, get out of some harried city, jump start an exercise regimen, or just be in the catskills with some friendly, happy new people - YOU WILL FIND YOUR BLISS HERE.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank csli37
Reviewed September 23, 2016

I went to Jumpstart Pine Hill location with my cousine for 7 days program. I was totally life changing . Julie and Ron have designed this great program to help people get healthier and live a better life. Entire staff was great .I lost 5 lb weight in 7 days and since I have come back I lost another 5 lbs in 3 weeks . I feel healthier and so much more energetic. I wish to go there again .

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Devyani M
JumpstartRetreat, Owner at Jump Start New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2016

Thank you for your kind words. The outstanding results from our clients is heartwarming! Keep up the good work and feel free to call or email if you have questions or just feel like sharing your success!

Reviewed September 22, 2016

My name is Kathy. Having just gotten back after two weeks on September 19, 2016, I am forever grateful to all those at Jump Start from the Owners to the Staff to the Trainers. I am down 16.3 pounds, feel stronger, breath better, bend and twist better, know how to climb hills and cadence breath, lost many cravings and gained knowledge that will help my save the quality of my life. I, as others who were there at the time, are amazed at the difference we all feel. It was as if a miracle happened though there was hard work as well. Yet with people that TRULY care for you as they teach and train and care, it makes all the difference in the world. I strongly suggest anyone that struggle with their weight, want to detox and get a "Jump Start" to do whatever it takes to get themselves to this program. I will be singing the praises of this place till I go again, but next time to Costa Rica! Thank you Jump Start New York!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you Kathy! You did so well here! And the credit goes to you. You walked, stretched, sweated and turned your food habits around. Congratulations!
It was a pleasure working with you and I look forward to seeing you in Costa Rica.