“don,t waste your time or monies”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Hill
Jump Start New York
Reviewed September 5, 2009

i traveled from abroad, i spent a lot of time and monies to get here, the place is totally 3rd rate. i arrived and nothing was as it said in the web site. a consultation on my health , was just asking a few minor questions and taking my money. no one there has any certifications in health or wellness except the naturopathic doctor, she was wonderful. their director i found out to be rude, obnoxious, and seemed that he couldn't be bothered with the guests requests. his wife julie faired no better, when i tried to point out the problems that i felt needed to be fixed, she went on the defensive and blamed the staff, never really hearing my concerns. the massages were well worth the trip and barbara was the best massage therapist i ever had , i did stay the 3 weeks because the body work was well worth it the time was well spent, the juicing and the lectures were not individualized nor did they take into account what your health problem and what was your best course of action. or what juice they give you, they were giving diabetics fruit juice, i had health issues that i know required special juices , yet i got whatever everyone else was drinking. save your monies and go somewhere else to a real health and weight loss place, or just buy a juicer and have barbara come to you and give you massages, i have never seen such a scam in my many, years of travels , to many spas in the USA and europe, these people have no idea how to run a retreat, and i sure they have never been to one to find out how a real retreat works, that would be a real eye opener on their part. to see how a real place should be run instead of taking your money and running.

6  Thank tripsabroadhere345

Reviewed August 10, 2009

Just spent a week atBirch Creek and had a wonderful experience
The place is rustic so don't go there if you want a fancy spa
But if you want to be wellinformed about your body and want a good body cleanse--go and do the juice fast.
I'm 58 and was not feeling as well as I should but after this week I ' m invigorated and
informed and ready to take better care of myself and my family--and I lost 9.2 lbs
Do this for yourself !!!!!
Ps The staff is really great

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I had a wonderful experience at Birchcreek Health and Weight Loss Retreat.
I went on the juice fast for 5 days and I found the juices to be delicious and
I did not feel hungry at all. The days were spent with early morning walks in the
country, with different excerise classes and seminars. The seminars were
extremely informative giving me the tools to be able to continue to lose weight once
I left Birchcreek. The staff was very accomodating and cared that I was being
successful with my weight loss. My room was lovely. I had a massage every day
and it was fantastic. Overall, I recommend the Birchcreek to anyone who is
serious their health and want to feel better.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I went to Birchcreek to spend some time in a peaceful, relaxing setting where I could focus on weight loss, nutrition and exercise among a small group of like-minded people. It was exactly what I needed and in the perfect setting. Before I went, I researched the website and then called and e-mailed to ask a few questions. Julie listened to my specific weight and health concerns and encouraged me to come. On the phone, she seemed to know exactly how I felt. When I met her in person, I knew that she did. Julie and the entire staff were laid back but available, ever supportive and accommodating. I liked all of them very much! Birchcreek is housed in a lovely, sprawling house with lots of character. They've added a very pleasant deck and a pool at the back, which is surrounded by beautiful tall trees. I was on a juice fast for a week and spent a lot of time reading on the deck, napping in my room, and just relaxing. I also had an excellent Swedish massage at the end of a day that included a long walk in the country, a stretch class, a nutrition seminar and pool aerobics (very fun). At Birchcreek, you can do as much or as little as you like in a very supportive and low-key environment where you feel like a houseguest in a large country home.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I spent a week at the Birchcreek resort and lost 13 pounds on a combination of juice fasting and a fun intense exercise program. In the week that I've been back home I've lost another 7 pounds by sticking to the programs healthy diet plans. The program was a life changing event. At the age of 50 I now feel the best I've felt in 10 to 15 years. My wife, kids, co-workers, and friends are amazed at the transformation. Everyone affiliated with the program was great. The small group setting out in the country created a wonderful escape atmosphere to begin this transformation. The days began with a somewhat challenging 4 to 5 mile walk in the country that, by the end of the week, included several climbs up steep slopes that were fun and invigorating. Exercise sessions were nicely interspersed with lectures on how to improve our health.

1  Thank Hockey81
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I went to the retreat looking to relax, change my eating habits, focus on my health and wellness. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was small but clean. The setting is an older very large home in the woods, with two brooks running through the property, you can hear the water at night - very soothing. There is a small heated pool, a large porch with ample seating and chiminea, several places indoors and out to relax by the fireplace, a barn converted to a fitness room, and an indoor hot tub in the fitness area. The spa treatments, performed in your room, were wonderful and healing. You can work out, chill out, go to a daily seminar, attend fitness classes and morning walks, nap - its all up to you.The staff is warm, compassionate, insightful, and welcoming - will definitely be heading back someday!!

1  Thank moonlight9NewYork
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I went to Birchcreek twice in a 6 week period and lost 12 lbs the first time and 8 pounds the second (I gained 2 lbs in between the visits). For me, that is an amazing result. The inn itself is remote and secluded, not 'fancy'. It's definitely not a luxury spa with marble and all the trappings - it's a retreat in the woods where you can relax and focus on yourself. I did the juice diet both times and had a headache and was very sleepy on days 2 and 3 but after that the hard part of the detox was done. The staff wasn't salesy and I didn't feel like I was getting a commercial pitch or had to buy anything. If you're looking for a spa / pampering getaway, this isn't it. But if you're ok with tranquility and seclusion and are looking for serious weightloss, this is it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo